Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, again, understood it just fine. Didn't find it funny, actually pretty sexist, but hey, you do you.

Nope, again, understood it just fine. Didn't find it funny, actually pretty sexist, but hey, you do you.

It was an allusion to the way conservatives think. Thanks for confirming that you didn't understand it by calling it sexist.

A 93-year-old woman got a massive Coors Light delivery after a viral plea for more beer

Singing the folk song "99 Bottles of Beer" might be how some people are passing the time during the coronavirus pandemic.

Thanks to Coors Light, Olive Veronesi now has 150 ice-cold beers -- and she doesn't have to pass them around to anybody.

The 93-year-old went viral last week after CNN Pittsburgh affiliate KDKA shared her photo with a Coors Light in hand and a plea written on a white board: "I NEED MORE BEER!!"

The photo, taken by one of Veronesi's family members, was shared more than 5 million times.
Veronesi's plea for more beer went viral.

Veronesi's plea for more beer went viral.

"When we saw Olive's message, we knew we had to jump at the chance to not only connect with someone who brought a smile to our faces during this pandemic, but also gave us a special opportunity to say thanks for being a Coors Light fan," a Molson Coors spokesperson told CNN.

"Even in the pre-COVID era, we would've been thrilled to fulfill Olive's request," the spokesperson said. "But in this moment, during these unusual times, bringing a little bit of joy to someone's day is the least we can do."

The Seminole, Pennsylvania, native told KDKA she has been staying home to help flatten the curve and to keep everyone, including herself, safe during the pandemic.

"I was on my last 12 cans, I have a beer every night," Veronesi told KDKA. "You know what, beer has vitamins in it, it's good for you, as long as you don't overdo it."

As soon as the delivery of 10 cases of beer arrived, she cracked one open on her porch.

"That tastes pretty good," she said.

But there's more good news for Veronesi and her daily tradition: Molson Coors made a standing offer to her and her family that more beer is on its way whenever they're ready for a restock.

At least 16 people, including an RCMP officer, plus the gunman, were killed in Nova Scotia today. The event started in cottage country and then ended up on the highway, tearing through the town I grew up, having apparently a huge firefight in the next town over, then finally ending two more towns down the line when they got the guy.

The perp made a fake RCMP vehicle to sow confusion and was wearing a fake RCMP uniform. It's now surpassed the Ecole Polytechnique Massacre to be the deadliest mass shooting in Canadian history.

I don't even have words. I've reached out to some old friends and I'm hoping they're okay. Fuck.

At least 16 people, including an RCMP officer, plus the gunman, were killed in Nova Scotia today. The event started in cottage country and then ended up on the highway, tearing through the town I grew up, having apparently a huge firefight in the next town over, then finally ending two more towns down the line when they got the guy.

The perp made a fake RCMP vehicle to sow confusion and was wearing a fake RCMP uniform. It's now surpassed the Ecole Polytechnique Massacre to be the deadliest mass shooting in Canadian history.

I don't even have words. I've reached out to some old friends and I'm hoping they're okay. Fuck.

First thing I thought when I read this was hoping everyone close to you is okay.

My dad sent me a link last night about Kim Jong dying from a brain infection after a surgery. I started doing some digging as it sounded like fake news. Well... No one really knows. Reputable sources like CNN and the like say that it is "rumored" and that the U.S intelligence community isn't buying it. Just a little something to add to the WTF year that 2020 has been.

A lot of the major news outlets aren't reporting it as the report of his death comes from one source and can't be corroborated. The biggest tell for me is that South Korean intelligence, understandably the most tied into KJU's health, has said they don't think he's dead. Then again, there is this:

EWY_yk8WoAA07rE.jpg

From my state of Karnataka:

Man bites snake to death, arrested

Liquor shops opened in India just the other day during the lockdown, and on the way back from one, a man saw a snake.
He got off his motorcycle and bit the snake to death.
The snake was a rat snake (Pytas mucosa), a non-venomous species.

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/man-bites-snake-karnataka-liquor-6397272/
I’m legitimately angry about this. What a painful way to go and what a stupid fucking idiot. I hope they keep him in jail for a long time. Poor snake. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back