Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spacey, I can't decide if he's purely attempting using his sexuality as a defence, or if he's decided it's pointless trying to stay in the closet now.
I think with Spacey, it just read as clueless. There's been at least two other allegations against him so far, though, so it seems like a pattern of behavior (assuming everything resembles reality).

They didn't want to destroy their careers by calling the police on powerful industry figures or have to face someone with very expensive lawyers? Very likely if it happened to a young person some time ago when they were just starting out in their career. Plus a lot of sexual assaults don't get reported at the time for psychological reasons, especially if it's not rape. Since a couple of people started talking publicly it's now turned into a movement exposing what may be an ingrained dodgy culture in the entertainment industry.

Re Spacey, I can't decide if he's purely attempting using his sexuality as a defence, or if he's decided it's pointless trying to stay in the closet now.
I mean that they should have contacted their lawyers or the police now instead of going to Twitter or journalists. This isn't how the legal system in any country is supposed to work. I'm not trying to defend anyone who's been accused of sexual assault but aren't we supposed to stick with "innocent until proven guilty"? We can't have a legal system which is based on Trial by Twitter. If anyone ends up in court over sexual assault allegations then the jury's minds will already be made up before the accused gets a chance to defend him/herself.

People are pretty harsh on Spacey - he basically admitted it's possible the allegations are true, and the only thing he thought he could deal with it is by coming out so that he won't be considered too much of a pervert.

Spacey's career is over. Ridley Scott decided to kick him out of an already finished movie and reshoot all scenes with a different actor... a month before release... and the whole cast agreed...

I doubt we've seen the last of Kevin Spacey. Someone will be willing to give him a chance.

I never heard of Weinstein until the scandal. I guess it might be bigger in USA/Canada, maybe UK. But either way, Louis CK would be 2nd biggest actor, in that case.

I don't know where to put this, so I'll just drop it here: Apparently, the sign in the below picture is super racist, offensive and inappropriate, but I don't understand what the problem is. I'm not trying to troll or call out "SJW's" or anything - I objectively do not understand what people find offensive in this picture. Can someone explain it to me please?

DPQxXfgVAAAKDOc.jpg

A term which, I would like to stress, I will not make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back