Covers that are better than the originals... or just covers

Saw this just the other day, said thanks for the ball now come on let's play can you teach me to throw I said not today I got a lot to do he said watch this video which is pretty good:

It took me a ton of re-reads to realize you were riffing on Harry Chapin’s “Cat’s in the Cradle”. Great song, better than 99% of Ghost’s discography tbh.

It took me a ton of re-reads to realize you were riffing on Harry Chapin’s “Cat’s in the Cradle”. Great song, better than 99% of Ghost’s discography tbh.
I enjoy all of Ghosts output so much that I listen to it and smile. They also do fantastic covers of Its a Sin (pet shop boys) and Here Comes the Sun (Beatles).

I enjoy all of Ghosts output so much that I listen to it and smile. They also do fantastic covers of Its a Sin (pet shop boys) and Here Comes the Sun (Beatles).

I'm also partial to If You Have Ghosts and Missionary Man.
Great song, better than 99% of Ghost’s discography tbh.

If you mean the original, I agree, if you mean the cover, it's pretty good but I wouldn't go that far.

setlist.fm sucks. I wanted to see whether they ever performed this with Mustaine. They don't even list this song prior to the Garage tour. And I've seen / heard boots of this played on Justice tour, MoP tour, maybe even RTL

If you mean the original, I agree, if you mean the cover, it's pretty good but I wouldn't go that far.
Oh the original for sure. Awesome song.

EDIT: And I wasn’t even knocking Ghost, “Cat’s in the Cradle” is just very much an incredible song.

I have no idea if this song has any cachet world-wide, but it you went to high school in the 80s in Canada, pretty much every girl in your class had a poster of pop idol Corey Hart on her wall.

His biggest hit was a track called Sunglasses At Night and it is the subject of a completely unexpected and utterly delicious cover by Unleash the Archers.

Silent Skies - Here Comes The Rain Again

Everything Tom S. Englund sings, turns into pure gold. Really amazing cover.

I have no idea if this song has any cachet world-wide, but it you went to high school in the 80S in Canada, pretty much every girl in your class had a poster of pop idol Corey Hart on her wall.

His biggest hit was a track called Sunglasses At Night and it is the subject of a completely unexpected and utterly delicious cover by Unleash the Archers.

@mckindog
The original was played a lot on the radio out here, but did not make it to the Top 40.
I just read on wikipedia that this guy plays lead guitar on it:

Andy Barnett
The Entire Population of Hackney, Urchin, Marshall Fury, FM and ASAP

setlist.fm sucks. I wanted to see whether they ever performed this with Mustaine. They don't even list this song prior to the Garage tour. And I've seen / heard boots of this played on Justice tour, MoP tour, maybe even RTL

Yep, I know the feeling. Some information is correct there but plenty of shows and setlist (for any possible band or artist) do not exist or might just have plain incorrect information provided by someone who doesn't know a thing or two.
But then when it's all good and can be trusted then it valuable source to look some old setlist. You can see the performances listed by Metallica there on the pages.
For Blitzkrieg it says that it was performed live by Metallica 85 times and these are the shows that were from the time that Mustaine was in the band:
Radio City, Anaheim, CA March 14, 1982
Concert Factory, Costa Mesa, CA April 23, 1982
Back Bay High School, Costa Mesa, CA May 25, 1982
Radio City, Anaheim, CA June 5, 1982
Concert Factory, Costa Mesa, CA June 26, 1982
Troubadour, West Hollywood, CA August 18, 1982
H.J.'s, Los Angeles, CA August 29, 1982
Woodstock Concert Theatre, Anaheim, CA October 1, 1982
The Stone, San Francisco, CA March 5, 1983

Back