Covers that are better than the originals... or just covers

An absolutely fantastic cover of an 80s Heart song. Scheepers' vocals really elevate this song to another level.

The Dartagnan boys liked this song by David Bowie so much that they made two covers - on the same album!

German and English:
And, for comparison, the original:

I'd like to take you guys on a 9ish minute journey. In 1963 Dusty Springfield gave us "I Only Want to be with You." A normal love song, especially for the time:

In 1988 Mexican Mega Star, Luis Miguel, covered it and as it was very common with translations since... well, forever, they completely rewrote the lyrics and made it a very catchy break up song. The chorus, instead of saying, "There's nothing I can do, I only want to be with you," now says, "If you didn't know how to love, now you can leave." I joke with my students that it's a song that you can dedicate to the same person twice lol. Anyway, the choreography got an upgrade, the video is.... very 80s:

If that trip down fashion memory lane wasn't hilarious in itself it gets better. Korean boy band Super Junior Covered the song AGAIN in 2019, BUT they chose to cover the Luis Miguel version IN SPANISH! They also chose to do an almost shot for shot remake of his video and it is hilariously amazing. They wear wigs to have the same 80s do as Luis Miguel, wear the leather jacket and the extras have supposed 80s outfits and they recreate the choreography:

You're welcome

Back