Coronavirus

But it (also) looks like he is allowed to play the tournament (enter the country) because the organization made a mistake.
So that failure was in his benefit. It stinks. If they had not made that failure, he would not have been able to play. Or are my conclusions too short here?

I don't know the details of Djokovic's case, my comment was more towards the policy that the Aussie authorities apply. Especially when their "no covid" strategy has failed, it seems unreasonably strict to demand that you are vaccinated if you have documentation that you had the infection a month ago. Especially with athletes who will probably live under a test regime much stricter than the average person.

I think every adult who refuses to get vaccinated against this shit is making a mistake, but I still think there needs to be some common sense in how people are treated.

Especially when vaccination is looking less likely to prevent symptomatic infection, especially against Omicron. Colleague at work just tested positive today, so far just feels like cold/flu, but he'd had a two part vaccine in the summer and an mRNA booster over a month ago, possibly also had covid in the first wave.

I believe I read some estimates here in Finland that the booster would decrease the likelihood of getting Omicron infection as well. I should get my booster shot at some point, but I haven't made the appointment yet. Also, a bus ride to the vaccine center may be risky to actually catch the Omicron, because the infection numbers have skyrocketed here. :bigsmile:

I am reasonably sure I have contracted the novel coronavirus, Omicron variant. About two days after getting home, I've started to develop mild cold-like symptoms - general body aches, pains, an extremely mild fever, and as of this morning, a slightly runnier nose. There's nothing in my lungs as of day three of feeling poorly, which is a good sign.

I am reasonably sure, because I am not allowed to get a test in Ontario currently. My Day 1 test at the airport was negative, but as I previously discussed, the process of getting the test exposed me far more than any other point of the journey.

Hang in there buddy, hope your process will be as trouble-free as I had. After the symptoms go away, it's just endless waiting to be able to go out.

Hang in there buddy, hope your process will be as trouble-free as I had. After the symptoms go away, it's just endless waiting to be able to go out.
They lowered the quarantine time, so it's 10 days from onset of symptoms. Which isn't too bad, as I was originally planning on two weeks from return.

Friday in order to get home from working out of town, had to go through 3 airports and two planes. Even though I always wear a mask, still started to feel tired with a slight headache that 1st night home.

Went to bed thinking those were normal symptoms of traveling all day until I woke up Saturday morning feeling MUCH worse. Just to be sure I went to a clinic near me that has Rapid testing and I tested positive for the first time.

Started on antibiotics same afternoon which good news has me feeling better but bad news is ripping my stomach up.
Upon being confirmed positive, I texted my boss so he could tell my coworkers they probably need to be tested.

Was going to see the new Scream movie with my son and get some dental work done but that's all cancelled now.

At least I have the ability this week to work from home.

One of my theories is that getting our booster few days before meeting the family for Christmas, was the reason our immunity was weaker and we both got infected. Cause my family was in intense contact with my brother and his wife, my sister was sleeping at their flat, but neither of them got it.

Back