Coronavirus

Had my booster last week with no side effects. Pleased to have it as my neighbour has covid, definetly feels like it's closing in

1641304561338.png

Speed comparison with measles. I am wondering if Omi is what I got. I might email the labs that tested us and see if they feel like sharing this info.

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this.

Rich anti-vaxxer gets visa cancelled after getting strange/dubious vaccine exemption:

Thanks for the update, somehow I missed it.

Justice done methinks. I already thought this case stank too much.

Although, if I read this well, there is still a possibility he can play... let's see what happens.

In Serbia, they (and some other fans) moan that it is a political decision to not let him in the country. But you know what?
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic wrote on Instagram that he had spoken with Djokovic over the phone. “I told our Novak that the whole of Serbia is with him," he wrote. That, the fuck, is political. Certainly if you realize that the Serbs, at least the ones who do not agree, (and others who not agree) don't look at or care about what happened. So...

Let's take a step back and try to look at it with less emotion, and possibly in a more neutral manner:

Djokovic, apparently, has given no official reason (or document) which explains why he was given an exemption to play in the Australian Open.
Basically, no official reason why he was not vaccinated. It seems very reasonable that something like this is needed in order to enter.
Rich man or not, top tennis player or not, Serbian legend, Serbian icon or not, tennis legend, tennis icon or not, why a different treatment?

Last edited:
Totally 4 non-vax players got medical exemption for Australian Open including Novak.

Problem with Djokovic is Visa entry to the country.

The others may have given good reasons or are they all Australians, so they did not require the same in order to play (which is weird in itself; at least I hope they have given official reasons for exemption)?

The others may have given good reasons or are they all Australians, so they did not require the same in order to play (which is weird in itself; at least I hope they have given official reasons for exemption)?
Rumors are that his medical exemption was given because he got Covid twice in last 6 months.

Overall his team should knew that Australian rules during pandemic are maybe the strictes in the world and they should just skip this tour.

In Serbia, they (and some other Djoke fans) moan that it is a political decision to not let him in the country. But you know what?
Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic wrote on Instagram that he had spoken with Djokovic over the phone. “I told our Novak that the whole of Serbia is with him," he wrote. That, the fuck, is political. Certainly if you realize that the Serbs, at least the ones who do not agree, (and others who not agree) don't look at or care about what happened. So...
Vucic meddles in everyone's business and wants to make it all about himself and Djokovic is our most famous and successful sports person ever. He just wants to be involved in the story in case Djokovic gets allowed back into Australia, so that his stupid voters will think he helped in some way.

Vucic meddles in everyone's business and wants to make it all about himself and Djokovic is our most famous and successful sports person ever. He just wants to be involved in the story in case Djokovic gets allowed back into Australia, so that his stupid voters will think he helped in some way.

I take it you are not a fan of the Serbian president... :lol:

Calling Djokovic a nationalist, compared to an average Serb, is like calling Iron Maiden extreme metal.

Take for example the Kosovo thing. You guys don't understand the vitriol he'd face from the public here if he didn't do the whole "Kosovo is Serbia" thing. Comparable stuff would be Lebron not condemning Trump.

I never really gave two shits about Kosovo or its independence and I'm super careful of who I'd say this to in real life.

I'm definitely not supporting him being a baby over the vaccine thing though.

Think he got sandwiched between Yoda and Groucho in the thank yous.
RLOQxI_TjnAY3UWLMNRwVeefQHqrNF7QNAtkH4Vk2ku5YcGvt6L4H5QZL1-tmn6GEFacwx5aJu7sfSb3Tg78bSvu5U2N3T-whcAqZN_SDjsiwmbb9XU=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

Novax has been released from quarantine after a court hearing.

If he did indeed have the infection a month ago I must say I find it extremely strict denying him entry to Oz even if he's unvaccinated. Reinfection so shortly after is rare and the vaccines currently in use also do not stop you from contracting the virus and passing it on. Their main effect is protection from serious illness (which they do well).

Back