Coronavirus

Can't say that I am worried about Covid anymore. Haven't been since the Fall of 2020. That's not to say that don't take it seriously, but I am not like I was before then. Granted, I don't want it either. I've had 2 Moderna shots plus the booster. Despite that, if some place requires me to wear a mask I will respect that and wear one.

Had my booster yesterday, my combo is 2x Moderna + 1x Pfizer. Wife has the opposite, boosted today.
Seems like my own health is of little concern now, but I still want to open everything up ASAP. Boost the economy, culture. So I am still pretty sour about the voluntarily unvaccinated. I need an arm surgery, and with full hospitals it is being postponed. Most people occupying hospital beds are unvaccinated, even though vaccination rate is in upper halves almost everywhere. So this is a pretty valid reason for me to be mad.

Had my booster yesterday, my combo is 2x Moderna + 1x Pfizer. Wife has the opposite, boosted today.
Seems like my own health is of little concern now, but I still want to open everything up ASAP. Boost the economy, culture. So I am still pretty sour about the voluntarily unvaccinated. I need an arm surgery, and with full hospitals it is being postponed. Most people occupying hospital beds are unvaccinated, even though vaccination rate is in upper halves almost everywhere. So this is a pretty valid reason for me to be mad.
Damn! Can't blame you for being mad. I know of some anti vaxxers. Their choice, but reading what you posted made me a bit pissed off. I had my Moderna booster 2 weeks ago. Twenty-five minutes later I was feeling like I was going to pass out. Basically I was having a panic attack. I rushed out of Walmart. No symptoms from the other 2 shots other than a sore arm.

And don’t think about going to France!
cba289ef-1ee9-4d21-b92e-0afd51a1aa10_screenshot.jpg

Paul has symptoms so he tried to book a slot for a PCR test and then tried to order a home test kit. All run out in this area for today. :( He can try again tomorrow but it defeats the object if you need to get the bus to the walk-in testing centre because you can't walk for coughing. Going to try a LFT test tonight. They ran out of those in this area this afternoon too, but we have a few left from the last kit.

Paul has symptoms so he tried to book a slot for a PCR test and then tried to order a home test kit. All run out in this area for today. :( He can try again tomorrow but it defeats the object if you need to get the bus to the walk-in testing centre because you can't walk for coughing. Going to try a LFT test tonight. They ran out of those in this area this afternoon too, but we have a few left from the last kit.

Hope all goes well. I know loads of people who have had it recently with very mild symptoms for the most part.

I'm hopeful because I have no symptoms whatsoever. We did stay with my parents over Christmas, though, and they're in their 70s. All of us fully jabbed, including mRNA boosters more than a fortnight ago.

So we have it too. Thanks, family christmas. Tested positively on 31st, just a couple days after the booster. So far my symptoms were some runny nose, that went away 2 days ago, and the loss of smell, which remains. Wife coughs here and there and was weak for a few days, but better now. We have to be in isolation for another 10 days, which sucks, as she was supposed to fly back to TW and the quarantine hotel there will not return the deposit. Seems like there is no other way for us to get out sooner legally.

Back