Coronavirus

I can’t prove causation, but there’s a pretty convenient correlation. Within 2 days of receiving the J&J shot I suddenly had very noticeable, consistent ringing and whooshing in both ears. Not super loud, but loud enough to be very noticeable in silence, and still noticeable but generally ignorable during the day. I’d had no changes in diet or stress level, no head trauma, none of the typical sources. That persistent tinnitus never reduced or disappeared over the 8 months following my initial vaccination. J&J’s test data cited 7 people out of the initial 40,000 or so who reported tinnitus, and while 6 of them said it faded over time, 1 test subject reported no improvement over the entire test period. Looks like I may be in the same boat as that person.

I’m only 3 days out from receiving the Moderna booster, but as of yesterday (2 days post-vaccination) my tinnitus seems to have increased a similar amount to what it did post-J&J, so it’s now noticeable all the time, and about as loud as if I’d gone to a metal concert with no ear protection the night before. Thankfully it doesn’t muffle anything or mess with the EQ, so music still sounds normal to me, just with this persistent ringing alongside it. I’m hopeful that the post-Moderna effect may still subside over time, but if it doesn’t, then I’ll probably be seeing an ENT and avoiding any further COVID shots, since anything more than what I’m currently experiencing would really damage my quality of life.

I am sorry to hear this. :(

Reactions: Jer
as loud as if I’d gone to a metal concert with no ear protection the night before.
Done that and other music related stuff too much as well, so my hearing sucks without tinnitus. There‘s something funtamentally wrong about the concept of listening to music with ear protection. Right? Hope the tinnitus goes away for you.

Just got a Moderna booster yesterday after my original J&J/Janssen vaccination in March. Don’t quite feel 100% today, but no major negative side effects.

A couple of family acquaintances who had long-term side effects after receiving the J&J vaccine claimed that those cleared up after they received an mRNA booster. So far that is not the case with the persistent tinnitus I picked up after my original J&J vaccination, and in fact my tinnitus might have gotten slightly worse after the Moderna booster, but at least it didn’t leap up dramatically. Still feels like it was the right tradeoff to make for now.
I'm getting it Tuesday. I didn't experience any side effects from my previous 2 shots other than a sore arm. A friend of mine was laid up for a day after his first one. I have an 88 year old mom and she is vaccinated also. No side effects either. Everyone is different.

Just discovered a pop-up vaccine centre in the town centre is doing Moderna booster shots. Think I'll wander down there this afternoon

Got boosted with Pfeizer. First two shots were AstraZeneca, I thought the third AZ shot didn't exist, and I only found out when I already chose Pfeizer at the spot and they didn't have AZ.

Arm hurts like a bitch but no fever like with AZ.

I had no issues with two shots of Pfeizer. I could feel the spot on the arm if I pressed it. And I'm sure that vaccine was doing something because of lack of stamina for workout on the day, both times, and sort of a lower blood pressure mood.

Some guy, 33 y.o., died from AZ shot in Croatia. Isn't life just a bunch of dice rolls along the way...

My vaccination story was pretty much like what I've heard from others in my age group who got Moderna. The arm was quite tender after the first shot. After the second shot, a day or so of fever, headache and tiredness and then back to normal.

In other news, the Omicron variant has now sent us back to home office for four weeks. They're also closing down the gym at work, which annoys me a lot. Especially since there's not been more than five people there at any time during this last half year. 2m distance has not been difficult to observe. But I guess they'd have to pay for extra cleaning of equipment to cover their asses in case somebody got symptoms after being there.

I'm sure it's still possible to manage this and continue with a lot of parts of life as normal. Getting people to co-operate is the hard part, though. I'm amazed how many under 30s in the shopping centre in town yesterday had serious health conditions that give them a medical exemption from wearing a mask indoors <_<. All their friends, too. They give you the evil eyes if you're wearing a mask and try to make you step aside for them.

We're back to working from home as of next week, not that I actually set foot in the office. I was due to go in next week.

Here in Surrey older people are far worse than youngsters when it comes to wearing masks indoors.

Meanwhile, at No 10 someone is hosting a party…

Surrey also had a namesake WW2 cruiser, ended up being cancelled. She was a further development of Norfolk subclass of County class heavy cruisers that were first new cruisers to be deployed post WW1. Norfolks came out barely on the limits of Washington naval treaty. Together with their lighter cousins, the York class ships, they make up the last bunch of heavy cruisers United Kingdom ever operated - these ships had no successors in Cold War Royal Navy.

Naming ships after counties must really have been a thing.

Got my official merch Eddie face mask (along with the navy Senjutsu tee) today and love it. Really nicely made thick cotton fabric mask and properly shaped over the nose. Size 'small' isn't what I would call small, but I guess that's the Maiden fanbase for you. :innocent:

Got my official merch Eddie face mask (along with the navy Senjutsu tee) today and love it. Really nicely made thick cotton fabric mask and properly shaped over the nose. Size 'small' isn't what I would call small, but I guess that's the Maiden fanbase for you. :innocent:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boris Johnson: "We know from bitter experience how these exponential curves develop."

Some of us know that because we actually paid attention in math class.

:lol:

We also know in the UK what the outcome tends to be thanks to his incompetence and inability/unwillingness to listen to the advice given by the people who know what they are talking about.

I tested positive yesterday. Symptoms started on Tuesday so might just be OK to spend Christmas Day with family, just gotta hope nobody else in the house catches it. We're doing all we can to prevent that, they've all had boosters (I now can't get mine until January as I'm positive) and I'm limiting contact plus sanitising everything I touch.

I tested positive yesterday. Symptoms started on Tuesday so might just be OK to spend Christmas Day with family, just gotta hope nobody else in the house catches it. We're doing all we can to prevent that, they've all had boosters (I now can't get mine until January as I'm positive) and I'm limiting contact plus sanitising everything I touch.

I wish you a very speedy recovery!

Back