Coronavirus

It looks like the number of cases is going back up again. I'm not sure this is all explained by more testing, either, as the daily numbers of deaths, while decreasing, seem quite high.

Oh, and the government is revising the death count in England. They're pausing daily updates until they've reviewed the figures, because at the moment the stats include deaths where people were disagnosed with Covid more than 28 days before their death.

107887553_2690825324570978_7583256507430694178_n.jpg
1595090456489.png

It looks like the number of cases is going back up again. I'm not sure this is all explained by more testing, either, as the daily numbers of deaths, while decreasing, seem quite high.

It might still be the consequences of the 'let old pensioners die' tactic allegedly championed by Dominic Cummings.

That suck. In Poland we have stable situation of ~320 daily cases. Nothing changed since beginning of pandemic. However, some regions are not putting all numbers in official raports (eg. silesia is showing daily ~100 new cases, but on regional gov. pages number is higher by almost 1000 cases that are not yet in official databases). Either way - my company after week in office last month told me to go back to home and I will probably stay at home till december.

It might still be the consequences of the 'let old pensioners die' tactic allegedly championed by Dominic Cummings.
And now being championed by many members of the public. 'Only' 2.2 million people are high risk so make them stay indoors. Let everyone else do as they please, all catch a mild dose and we'll have herd immunity in time for the doddery oldsters to enjoy a small plate of overcooked sprouts and finely cut turkey with the grandkids at Christmas. Someone yesterday told me it's just another disease like cancer, we call know someone who's died of cancer and we can't do anything about it.

And now being championed by many members of the public. 'Only' 2.2 million people are high risk so make them stay indoors. Let everyone else do as they please, all catch a mild dose and we'll have herd immunity in time for the doddery oldsters to enjoy a small plate of overcooked sprouts and finely cut turkey with the grandkids at Christmas. Someone yesterday told me it's just another disease like cancer, we call know someone who's died of cancer and we can't do anything about it.

I find that really sad and an incredibly selfish attitude. :(

Anyway, it was probably to be expected after years and years when individualism and me-first attitudes had been widely promoted versus the old-fashioned concept of solidarity and doing things for the greater good of society.

Just seeing that a 30 year old has croaked after he went to a "covid party" thinking the virus was a hoax. As is usual, plenty of thicks replying to tweets about this saying "yeah this really happened lol" and "name and video evidence please". I wouldn't mind if it was only themselves that these pricks endanger.

Someone yesterday told me it's just another disease like cancer, we call know someone who's died of cancer and we can't do anything about it.
Not only is this selfish, it's wrong. We can do lots about cancer. That's why we banned smoking in restaurants and bars and other public spaces.

They probably think it's the "nanny state" and "big government interference" that stops children from playing with uranium.

Back