Coronavirus

Chinese one by the looks of things. Interesting. It's a viral vector vaccine, so not unlike AZ and Janssen. I remember a Chinese viral vector vaccine being among the first to get to advanced testing phase, but it was kind of overshadowed by the big annoucements about the mRNA vaccines

Edit: apparently they're considering a booster dose recommendation six months later. So many not a genuine single dose vaccine after all

CDC essentially said masks not needed outdoors for vaccinated people, minimal risk. Just in time for the insane summer heat in Texas. Will see what individual places require, but glad that part is ending

CDC essentially said masks not needed outdoors for vaccinated people, minimal risk. Just in time for the insane summer heat in Texas. Will see what individual places require, but glad that part is ending
...So excited to open my brewery’s beer garden this weekend.

fuck me

I think that's reasonable. If you're crowded, masks on. If you're inside, masks on. If you're outside...OK then.

Taking a gamble on your health, I see.
Nice pun.

Just looked it up, as I was curious. CanSino's one-dose vaccine is, according to Bloomberg, comparable to the Johnson & Johnson vaccine: it is less likely to protect people from getting mild symptoms than the two-dose vaccines offered by Pfizer and Moderna, but it is quite effective in protecting people from serious symptoms.

I think that's reasonable. If you're crowded, masks on. If you're inside, masks on. If you're outside...OK then.
Of course, it’s certainly reasonable...for anyone with a shred of reasoning or common sense.

However, people are going to take this (as well as the “I’m vaccinated!” line) to mean they never ever have to wear a mask outside. If they’re going out to eat and sitting on a patio, they won’t even bring a mask because “I’m outside!”

Of course, it’s certainly reasonable...for anyone with a shred of reasoning or common sense.

However, people are going to take this (as well as the “I’m vaccinated!” line) to mean they never ever have to wear a mask outside. If they’re going out to eat and sitting on a patio, they won’t even bring a mask because “I’m outside!”
Wearing masks outside has never been a thing here. If people do it, it's personal choice or because they're popping in and out of shops and might as well leave the mask on. I have mixed feelings about it because it does look like outdoors is extremely low risk, yeah, people behave like dickheads, getting really close, sniggering if others step aside, or in the case of the dysfunctional local teenagers, get as close as possible to adults to intimidate then and cough at them for good measure

people behave like dickheads, getting really close, sniggering if others step aside, or in the case of the dysfunctional local teenagers, get as close as possible to adults to intimidate then and cough at them for good measure
Completely agree with you. Most of teenagers think that the world belongs to them and the rules don't play with them. Smoking close to you, talking loud, spitting at the ground, and they don't have any kind of respect for the adults and even they're violent if you say something to them. They don't know how to behave in this society and they don't have empathy at all.

Completely agree with you. Most of teenagers think that the world belongs to them and the rules don't play with them. Smoking close to you, talking loud, spitting at the ground, and they don't have any kind of respect for the adults and even they're violent if you say something to them. They don't know how to behave in this society and they don't have empathy at all.

You have just defined what being a teenager means most of the time! :lol:

Whilst a minority can be obnoxious, scapegoating the youth for the failures of our parents’ generation (and our failures) is not the way forward.

Back