Coronavirus

Awaiting the announcement of some kind of lockdown.....

They don't give a TV slot to a panel of medical experts rather than a soundbite-friendly politician for no reason. My guess is something like pubs to close from Wednesday or Thursday, to be announced on the day, so crowds can't go out for a wine and Covid party the night before.

Awaiting the announcement of some kind of lockdown.....

They don't give a TV slot to a panel of medical experts rather than a soundbite-friendly politician for no reason. My guess is something like pubs to close from Wednesday or Thursday, to be announced on the day, so crowds can't go out for a wine and Covid party the night before.

Probably a ban of mixing with other households and limited opening times for the hospitality sector, only serving food with table service.

I guess they gave the stage to the medical experts are they are the only ones with some credibility left in the sphere of the UK government...

Last edited:
Our local mayor got caught wandering around a shopping centre without a mask recently after telling everyone else to wearing them. He 'fessed up straight away, though, and congratulated whoever posted the pic on social media for being 'vigilant'. :lol:

Just as Oslo is experiencing a steady rise in new Covid cases, we have a bus strike ... meaning many who would otherwise take the bus, now will pack trams and metro trains.

Today the mayor announced stricter measures again. Social gatherings of more than 10 people in private homes banned for two weeks, FAce mask recommendation extended from "public transport during rush hours" to "always on public transport, and in other places where distance of 1m is difficult to maintain". Thus I bought a 10-pack of them today and hope I won't need to use them. (I don't use public transport to and from work).

Yes. The initial spread in Norway came from winter holiday travel to Italy/Austria and that included people from many places across Norway.

Recently there was a sharp rise in cases in Bergen, almost twice as many per capita (over a two-week period) as we currently see in Oslo - but they've managed to slow it and hopefully we can do the same here.

We've just got renewed restrictions here, although possibly a little too late, going by the leap from 2k cases per day to 3k cases per day to suddenly 6k cases per day. Differing rules in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, but in England they've restricted it to only meeting up to 6 people from outside your household.

Hardly anyone ever twigged that they were still supposed to be maintaining 2m distance anyway (or 1m plus mask, limited period of contact etc) from everyone not in their household or social bubble. That requirement never ended. So everything went relatively smoothly for a while, while case numbers were a little bit lower and there was less chance of someone infected being in these multiple contact situations. But as soon as you throw a handful of infected people into that situation (especially people who've been partying hard on holiday), the virus spreads like crazy and case numbers rocket. Pretty much a repeat of what's happening in a lot of other places, but I think it's going to take weeks or even months to bring under control again without something a lot more drastic, like closing pubs and restaurants down again, or staggering classes and bringing in home-based lessons to restrict the number of kids in schools at any one time. Too many schools were overcrowded anyway.

Someone I know through FB is currently unwell with Covid. One of his kids came down with it first after a kid in her class was sent to school with 'just a cold'. Whole family and ex's family are now sick. The guy I know has had the whole raft of symptoms, and seven days in has started with breathing problems.

Better still, keep as much distance between you and other people as possible, wear a mask in communal areas if you can. It's increasingly looking like a small dose of the disease does a lot less harm than prolonged contact, lack of ventilation and lungfuls of the stuff

Worse developments in the Netherlands. For the first time, a "real" lockdown is rumoured for the three biggest cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague. No traveling from and to these cities (with some exceptions).

We'll know for sure what will exactly happen in a few hours.

We must prepare for the continuation of this shitty state of the world.

Worse developments in the Netherlands. For the first time, a "real" lockdown is rumoured for the three biggest cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague. No traveling from and to these cities (with some exceptions).

We'll know for sure what will exactly happen in a few hours.
From where in Holland are you @Forostar ?

Diapers were almost out at the store today. Wonder if it's a sign people are starting to stock up again with the second wave and all...?

Back