Coming Home

How good is Coming Home on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I've only listened to the album a few times, but so far, I'd have to say that this is my favourite.
Bruce makes this song what it is IMO. He just puts so much emotion into the words.
Thats not to say that the music is bad of course. Although it's fairly basic, i love it. Especially the intro and outro.

Brilliant song. :yey:

Moonchild33 said:
Yeah, I'm gonna give it another listen. I feel like I'm missing out.

I just realized there's only two females (including myself) here.

I don't count? :p

But seriously now, the song. I think it's been established that this is an instant 'classic'. It has a fantastic chorus, some great melodies (don't know how I feel about the intro riff, takes some getting used to), the solo's are sweet, Bruce gives the performance of his life, and the lyrics are plain poetry (the good kind). It reminds me a little of Out of the Shadows with some Omega or Tears of the Dragon mixed in, which of course, would make for an awesome lovechild. As people have been saying on here, I sincerely hope they play this live (I can't imagine they won't), because this would be absolutely mind-blowing.

I think this song also carries some similarity to Lord of Light at times.

Easy to like this song, and it will most surely be played live next year - the chorus is just too good for singing along to leave it out.

To be honest, the chorus I find a tiny bit too happy/cheesy/sweet, can't think of the right term. Still a good song, but I prefer all the rest of the song.

I've never been big on ballads, but I love this song.  I think it's Bruce's best performance all around on the album.  Cool guitar solos as well. 

Lyrically, the emotion in this song beats even Blood Brothers simply because Bruce is a better lyricist than Steve.  Musically, though, it still loses.

This song more than any other on the album makes me sing along, and not just with the chorus.  I love how Bruce sings "We will ride this thunderbird".

If you follow the lyrics like me, this song just blows you away. First time through it was the clear standout. Others have grown to surpass it, but "Coming Home" hasn't faltered.

I have loved this song since I first heard it, which is quite surprising, 'cause I rarely like songs at first listen. And if I do, I tend to get bored by them quickly. But this song is briliant. Still my favourite on the album..

I thought I should share a vision I had the very first time I heard Coming Home. Bruce walking into the Astreus cockpit in his uniform, loudly bellowing "We will ride this thunderbird! To Albion's land!" ... as the copilot does a facepalm and grumbles "just fly the plane, rock star."

:bigsmile:

XDDD Nice thought, can actually totally see that happen

My visions inclde random events happening in the setting pictured in the booklet. It's like this for every song.
Is this how it is with any other disc? It's my first time listening to a brand new album straight from the disc.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I thought I should share a vision I had the very first time I heard Coming Home. Bruce walking into the Astreus cockpit in his uniform, loudly bellowing "We will ride this thunderbird! To Albion's land!" ... as the copilot does a facepalm and grumbles "just fly the plane, rock star."

xD That was awesome.

SinisterMinisterX said:

:D. Nuff said.

SinisterMinisterX said:

You singlehandedly caused this vision to loop in my head for the better part of yesterday. :bigsmile:

Am I the only one who thought this was about sex?  :innocent:
I mean the whole song. It makes much more sense that it is about flighting, but still.

Dead Boss said:
Am I the only one who thought this was about sex?  :innocent:
I mean the whole song. It makes much more sense that it is about flighting, but still.

Yeah, that's giving a whole new meaning to the term "Albion's land".

:huh:

Back