"Coming Home" announced as Iron Maiden's next single.

I will not intentionally seek out the new single.  Just like I never bothered to check out the shortened radio version of TAatG.  There's no point.  I love the song as it is.  Taking something good out of it will not improve it to my ears.  But this isn't about me; it is about the band.  If 'Coming Home' generates interest in the band from different sorts of listeners, so much the better for the band.  :ok:

Habberdasher said:
I like the choice b/c the song casts Iron Maiden against type and may open a few people's eyes about them. Hence the applause.

Genghis Khan said:
If 'Coming Home' generates interest in the band from different sorts of listeners, so much the better for the band.  

Can I translate this with:

I can understand that the band desperately tries to get radio attention, and needs an even wider audience than they already have, namely the audience of the radio listening softer pop/rock music fan, even if they are one of the most successful acts in their genre, released one of their most successful albums to date, and have already sold more than 40 million albums in total. So I don't mind if they release the softest single (not exactly representing the progressive nature of this album) since Wasting Love, and edit it for radio.

What's the necessity guys?
:D

Forostar said:
Can I translate this with:

I can understand that the band desperately tries to get radio attention, and needs an even wider audience than they already have, namely the audience of the radio listening softer pop/rock music fan, even if they are one of the most successful acts in their genre, released one of their most successful albums to date, and have already sold more than 40 million albums in total. So I don't mind if they release the softest single (not exactly representing the progressive nature of this album) since Wasting Love, and edit it for radio.

What's the necessity guys?
:D

That's exactly correct.  Except it is not "necessity", but rather desire to broaden their fan base.  If there is a small chance that some new fans get introduced to other Maiden material as a result of this, than that's a good thing for the band.  Most people who started into metal got in with softer, more mainstream accessible songs.  Where's the harm in that?  The band is not going to compromise their sound in the future due to new fans.  We've already learned that Maiden members have integrity.

Not a neccessity, nor is it "desperate". I think it is an opportunity for more people who have either no opinion or have formed a negative opinion of the band for it to change. I think Coming Home works very well as a single and look forward to hearing it in public. 5 minutes of Maiden on the radio is better than 5 minutes of just about any other song. Although this could backfire and lead to a bunch of people wondering who Albion is.

Habberdasher said:
Although this could backfire and lead to a bunch of people wondering who Albion is.

My little brother and two of my good mates have already asked me this question.  :p

As for the single like most of you guys have said why change something thats already awesome? I'll probably listen to the radio edit once to see what they got rid of and that will be it.

at least this may get some more people into maidens music. if it weren't for 2mtm being on GTA i wouldnt have knew they existed.

Was El Dorado ever released as a Radio Single?  If so, it got zero airplay around here, but that is not surprising as both "rock" stations around here are pretty lame.  I think I heard Breeg on the radio a grand total of twice and Different world exactly zero.

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
As for the single like most of you guys have said why change something thats already awesome? I'll probably listen to the radio edit once to see what they got rid of and that will be it.

They'll probably just fade the end out, maybe cutting off 30 - 40 seconds. Not really much else they could do.

Privateer454 said:
Was El Dorado ever released as a Radio Single?  If so, it got zero airplay around here, but that is not surprising as both "rock" stations around here are pretty lame.  I think I heard Breeg on the radio a grand total of twice and Different world exactly zero.

But this time we're having a different kind of song. The softer, the bigger the chance of airplay.

i think its a great pick for a single but dont know bout this "edit" part  :S ...like many has already said: its great as it is.
And i believe this means itll be included in the tour setlist :D ...fucking great, its one of my favourites from TFF

Forostar said:
But this time we're having a different kind of song. The softer, the bigger the chance of airplay.

Yea I agree, I think this is one of the more radio-friendly singles Maiden has put out, along with The Wicker Man.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
If our metal station actually plays this, it'll be a miracle. They only play RTTH and The Trooper and that's very rare.
the only station that plays maiden in denver plays RTTH and Cross eyed mary

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
And I'll bet they're not played that often.
it has been quite a few years since i've RTTH on radio.Alice Cooper plays CEM a lot on his show

If they do edit it, I think theyll just take out the second time the intro riff plays right before the solo's. still ashame though! :down:

Back