"Coming Home" announced as Iron Maiden's next single.

valacirca

Trooper
IRON MAIDEN Announce New Radio Single; 'Coming Home'

2140141_20101025183449_304602518.jpg

Excellent choice imo! :ok: :yey: The song has an excellent blend of being infectiously catchy, melodic and powerfully emotional at the same time. The lyrics are some of the best that Bruce has ever written, the song is accessible, shows great creativity and musicianship. Possibly their best single in over two decades :D

The only thing I don't quite like about this is the idea of the song having a radio edit... It's perfect as it is and not that long... :down:

EDIT:

valacirca said:
Come to think of it... I thought I saw the announcement from the official Iron Maiden facebook page... it's just now that I realized that I saw it from the IMC facebook page instead.

:S

I'd consider He Who Must Not Be Named as a pretty reliable source for all things Iron Maiden, but considering that the single cover is just a crop of the album cover and there's no official announcement yet, I'd be totally bummed if this news wasn't real... :(

Well, the management could do a better job announcing it on the official website first. As for the cover, I agree with no5, it could have been something original.

"Next radio single": just for radio play or for general release? The picture there could be the radio promo cover, especially as there's no announcement on the offy yet. If that was the artwork for a single release I'd be very disappointed.

Awesome, It's the perfect song for the next single.

The artwork (is it the artwork?) sucks though. Should've been so sort of plane thing. If you do something without Eddie in it, it should be a beautiful cover for a beautiful song.

national acrobat said:
[...] The picture there could be the radio promo cover, especially as there's no announcement on the offy yet. [...]

Good point. But if I remember well, the promo covers are usually without painted covers, only typed letters with the name of the group...

Ranko said:
Well, the management could do a better job announcing it on the official website first.

Come to think of it... I thought I saw the announcement from the official Iron Maiden facebook page... it's just now that I realized that I saw it from the IMC facebook page instead.

:S

I'd consider Maverick as a pretty reliable source for all things Iron Maiden, but considering that the single cover is just a crop of the album cover and there's no official announcement yet, I'd be totally bummed if this news wasn't real... :(

So, this pretty much absolutely guarantees it will be played live on the next tour.  Sweet.

What's the joy over such an obvious choice?

I'd found it cooler if any other track was selected. And an edited version I'll never need to hear. Probably a solo will be cut, or some other small instrumental moments.

Sacrilege.

Forostar said:
What's the joy over such an obvious choice?

I'd found it cooler if any other track was selected. And an edited version I'll never need to hear. Probably a solo will be cut, or some other small instrumental moments.

Sacrilege.

Do you not remember that Benjamin Breeg was a single? That was a bad choice. I like the choice b/c the song casts Iron Maiden against type and may open a few people's eyes about them. Hence the applause.

Not sure if I agree on your "sacrilege" comment though, if there is one thing that Maiden could use, it is a bit of editing. The last 4 albums could have been much stronger if they were tightened up.

Habberdasher said:
if there is one thing that Maiden could use, it is a bit of editing. The last 4 albums could have been much stronger if they were tightened up.

Even then, this song though at least, is perfect as it is. Editing it for the radio would be unfortunate.

I could see them chopping the intro, starting right off with the lyrics.  Not sure what else could be trimmed if anything.

Perfect Choice! I remember back in August listening to it for the first time, and just grinning ear-to-ear uncontrollably. Especially during that solo. Can't wait to see it live!

Aa good, and obvious choice for the single.  Ideally they will release it in some physical form (like a record) with a cool B-side

Back