Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: Results

Songs 465-480:
465-480_1.png

Warren and Bob got their butts whooped... and there's the first Tom Petty song. Ah yes, many were getting sick of seeing him around at one time. ELO is another band that didn't do well at all.

We didn't really get any good SRV in the game. Then again, radio doesn't like the good stuff as much. Couldn't Stand The Weather and Tightrope are fantastic songs.

The lowest ranking Zep song is Misty Mountain Hop. Seems low, should've been higher.

Only song here I've covered is Take It On The Run. I have a horrible recording of a craptastic performance. I'll spare ya. :cool:

Last edited:
Songs 449-464:
449-464_1.png

Here we see the lowest entries for U2 and The Who - and ZZ Top getting spanked.

How did "All My Love", a beautiful song, wind up this low??
It was the first round victim for "Smoke On The Water".

Last edited:
Songs 433-448:
433-448_1.png

Most of these getting kicked down to make room for better songs at the top. Only the soul singers did better than expected from this group.

Last edited:
Songs 417-432:
417-432b.png

The Cars got no respect in this game at all. This group also has Pink Floyd's lowest ranked song, and a big fall for a Stones classic.

Songs 401-416:
401-416.png

Oasis took a hard fall, and the "controversial" Outkast inclusion wound up not so far from its expected position after all.

Meanwhile, y'all still crazy!! Rosalita is one of the greatest rock jams I know of, and Life's Been Good is too much fun. I shall demonstrate:
(I screwed up when I made the backing keyboard track for the middle section. We got through somehow anyway.)

Last edited:
Songs 385-400:
385-400.png

The lowest ranked Queen song is here; it lost to "Break On Through".

I didn't expect to see a group where Eddie Money was the biggest rise.

That's the bottom quarter! Coming up, the better half of the first-round losers.

Songs 369-384:
369-384.png

Lightning Crashes deserved better IMO. Foreplay and LA Woman were victims to tough opponents: Roundabout and Dazed And Confused.

Songs 337-352:
337-352.png

Lots of great songs left the game scoring 5-9. Starting to move up into higher quality songs now as we get past the bottom third.

Songs 321-336:
321-336.png

Immigrant Song got beat up by Iron Man. Van Morrison takes more abuse, but Ted Nugent got some respect.

And of course, Pretty Woman...

Last edited:
Elite Eight Results

Bohemian Rhapsody defeats Sweet Child O' Mine 15-7.
Limelight defeats Comfortably Numb 14-7.
Layla defeats Stairway To Heaven 12-9.
Tom Sawyer defeats Crazy Train 17-5.

Guns 'n Roses exits the game with a record of 219-156 (.584) and 5 songs eliminated.
Pink Floyd exits the game with a record of 329-229 (.590) and 13 songs eliminated.
Led Zeppelin exits the game with a record of 361-311 (.537) and 19 songs eliminated.
Ozzy Osbourne exits the game with a record of 67-58 (.536) and 1 song eliminated.

Songs 305-320:
305-320.png

Lots of big differences from the seeding here. Not a group that my methods were accurate about, except for Beck.

Meat Loaf and Supertramp both deserved better, esp. the Logical Song. (Meat Loaf really deserved to have Bat Out of Hell in the game, but radio sucks.)

And you better believe I have another cover vid.

Edit: I just re-watched that... my apologies for the guitarist. He was tripping balls and didn't know his own name, let alone what the rest of the band was doing. He was nearly fired over that gig, and the one two weeks later when he fell off the stage drunk and wrecked his own amp. Yes, he was good enough sober that all that only got him nearly fired.

Last edited:
Songs 305-320:
305-320.png

Lots of big differences from the seeding here. Not a group that my methods were accurate about, except for Beck.

Meat Loaf and Supertramp both deserved better, esp. the Logical Song. (Meat Loaf really deserved to have Bat Out of Hell in the game, but radio sucks.)

And you better believe I have another cover vid.

Edit: I just re-watched that... my apologies for the guitarist. He was tripping balls and didn't know his own name, let alone what the rest of the band was doing. He was nearly fired over that gig, and the one two weeks later when he fell off the stage drunk and wrecked his own amp. Yes, he was good enough sober that all that only got him nearly fired.
You know, looking at the stats, I don't think I've ever heard a Bob Dylan song called Rocket Man. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Elton John?

You know, looking at the stats, I don't think I've ever heard a Bob Dylan song called Rocket Man. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Elton John?

Oops, yes, you're right. A pasting mishap. #317 is indeed Rocket Man by Elton John.

Further edit: I had a few other artists wrong on that image. It has now been fixed; reload your browser to see the fixes.

Songs 273-288:
273-288.png

Sweet Home Alabama was the highest-seeded song to lose in the first round.

Thunder Road and Italian Restaurant are both classics. I should lodge a protest. :censored:

Songs 257-272:
257-272.png

The cream of the crop from the first-round losers. Def Leppard lost two by tiebreaker, and another close one with Sugar.

Songs 241-256:
241-256.png

The beginning of the top half and the second-round losers. Most of these wound up reasonably close to where they were seeded. Def Lep still couldn't catch a good break. Yes did well in the game; All Good People is their lowest-ranked song.

Back