• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of my favourite rock songs of all time. Learn to Fly.
I did that once. Losing My Religion.
I still rock out at the beginning of CSI. Won't Get Fooled Again.
And at the end of Breakfast Club. Don't You (Forget About Me)

My votes:

I'd love to see the Foos advance, but I can't talk myself into voting against A Day In The Life.
REM by far. I couldn't find the 1991 SNL performance of this song, but that's the one that made me a believer. Or for this song, non-believer? Losing My Religion
The Who by far, with due respect to Stevie. The "Superstition" vid here is from Sesame Street - don't miss the long-haired kid freaking out at 4:10. Won't Get Fooled Again
Extremely tough choice in the last pair. Bon Jovi's best song, but I love the Breakfast Club too much. Don't You Forget About Me

Superstition is fun, but Won't get Fooled Agains is an all-time classic rock track.
It shouldn't be close.

3 hours ago, all but the 2nd were tied at 5-5. Now: Beatles, Who and Simple Minds have each pulled ahead by 2 votes. 12 votes in, comebacks better start soon if anyone is gonna make one.

The Beatles, Joy Division and Simple Minds win easily.
The Who edges Stevie Wonder.

Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 256 to 128, Round 18 of 32

These songs battle for the #15 position...

B15.png

"Born To Run" (Bruce Springsteen) [15] vs. "Yesterday" (The Beatles) [271]
"Born To Run", live in 1975:

"Yesterday", live in 1965:

"I've Seen All Good People" (Yes) [399] vs. "Seven Nation Army" (The White Stripes) [143]
"I've Seen All Good People", live in 1972:

"Seven Nation Army", live in 2003:

"One" (U2) [50] vs. "Nothing Else Matters" (Metallica) [207]
"One", live in 1992:

"Nothing Else Matters", live in 1993:

"Paradise City" (Guns 'n Roses) [79] vs. "Here Comes The Sun" (The Beatles) [178]
"Paradise City", live in 1988:

"Here Comes The Sun", George live in 1971:

One day left for Round 15
Also open: Round 16 , Round 17

My votes:

Nice Beatles song, but Bruce was (in his own words) "swinging for the fences" on this one. Grand slam IMO. Born To Run
Prog vs anti-prog? My strategy is clear: move on back two squares. I've Seen All Good People
Good ballad beats obligatory ballad. One
This GnR performance is so good, MTV used to air it as a video for this song until the band made their own. Paradise City

Born to Run. I'm not in a Beatles mood.
Seven Nation Army. Not one of my favourite Yes songs versus a four minute earworm.
One. Easily one of U2's finest efforts. I do like Nothing Else Matters too, even if tends to be considered overplayed.
Paradise City.:D

The difference between an overrated Beatles song and an overrated Springsteen song is that the Beatles song was actually good in the first place.
I'm going to sacrifice my prog credentials and vote for The White Stripes.
Don't care for the Metallica and GnR songs, so U2 and The Beatles it is.

Back