Charlotte the Harlot

How good is Charlotte the Harlot on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Charlotte the Harlot

6/10.

When it slows down it's actually a great tune, but lyrically it's so immature when compared to a majority of the Maiden catalogue (not everything obviously, I mean Hooks in You is about a sex swing for goodness sake), but when it comes to the "Charlotte Saga" I'm pretty sure it's easily agreed that 22 Acacia Avenue is the best chapter.

The slow part is the best, the riffs are great, but the production is bad. Nice thing = they re-did it in '88.

6/10.

I just flat-out dislike this song.  It's not very memorable, its lyrics are silly, and Paul's voice annoys me.  It's the complete opposite of Phantom of the Opera.  So it's a 3.

7. Catchy as hell. Trashy lyrics but they make the song 'fun' and it's one of the 'funnest' Maiden songs.

This song is so outclassed by the next "charlotte" song it's not even funny. Still, it's not really bad, just doesn't give me much. 5/10.

9.  That's right, I gave it the highest rating.  I love the Charlotte trilogy and is starts great especially on an album that is relatively poorer than their later work.  Love the chorus.

Nothing too special, except its theme, and straight forward energy. Paul's performance is very nice, too. 7/10

I give it a 9. I think Dave and Paul really shine here... kinda atypical, but it's been a favorite for a long time...

I'm giving it 7, because of the middle section. Anyway, it's an important piece of Maiden's lyrical content. It has run for more than a decade, three or four albums, so...

5/10, Average middle of the road song. On reflection I think 5 is a somewhat generous rating... anyhow!.

7/10 Again, it good but not brilliant. Murray has penned better tracks than this, but it's a good first effort.

'88 version is better. It's a good song but it's in my Bottom 3 of the album (with Iron Maiden and Sanctuary). 7/10.

Happy and ordinary and not-so-special until the instrumental part kicks in. Then comes one of the best parts of whole album. Solos are furious, and verse / chorus after feel more energetic than on beginning of the song.

Meh, it's a good first song for Dave but it really doesn't have anything great musically. 6/10

Back