Buckethead

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by CriedWhenBrucieLeft, Aug 20, 2015.

1. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Version 4.1

He does the $2 sale every couple of months or so; just so you know...

2. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

O oh, I hope you like it (enough) then!

3. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

Yeah. that sale is a good deal. I mean $2 is like nothing. That's 13 kr. here :D

4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Have you seen the price for all 230? No idea who this would be aimed at, but it's less than $2 per Pike. Could you imagine how long it would take to download? :lol:

5. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Twisterlend is a free download!

6. SixesAlltheway

Yeah I think I did see that. Do you remember what the price was? My guess would be around...30, 40 min? Nah I don't know...

I'm sure there's fans out there who own most of it in the physical signed edition copies...I'd like to see that collection :D

7. SixesAlltheway

Initial thoughts on Monument Valley. The heavy synth drums on Fembot is a nice change of pace from the dreamy title track. Definitely already an album I can see myself appreciating more and more...It's one of those late night albums that you can get lost in...or listen to while driving on a summer day...

Monument Valley, Utah:

[​IMG]

Forostar likes this.
  8. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

It's currently listed at $205 for 230 releases. There are a few missing that have never had a digital release, but basically it's every Pike. The price for signed & drawing editions is pretty expensive; and when you add that up now that he's up to the 200's, that's an incredible amount of money. Thousands of dollars. There are a few fans out there that have physical copies of nearly every Pike...
    Indeed.

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Give us a sign when that happens again. :)

10. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I will do, I always keep an eye on what's going on at Bucketheadland. He's currently about to start touring again.

11. SixesAlltheway

Of course it's expensive when you look at it as a single payment. However, many bands do box sets or limited edition stuff that's in the same kinda range too, and for far less.....

12. SixesAlltheway

I do love the hints at Spaghetti western during the title track on Monument Valley...It creeps up several times during the song :D

13. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

I haven't heard it for a while but I think the album closer was my favourite. What's yours after a first listening (if you have one)?

14. SixesAlltheway

From the first play through I think Fembot made the biggest impact. Like I said, probably because of the change it brings. The title track sorta "rolled over me" on first listen but it's that kinda track..very mellow. On Second listen I started to digest it more. Attic Floor I can't even remember it now, but it's only 1 min long so..The closer Lirtson Nostril has a break in it that I'm on the fence about. It suddenly gets very heavy and it sorta broke my immersion on the first listen anyways :)

15. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

If I remember well, it does not only get heavy but also very grabbing/catchy/melodic. I'll replay this album soon! Glad you have obtained something interesting!

16. SixesAlltheway

That was kinda my experience too.. When the break happened I thought it ruined the vibe that he had been setting and I didn't like it.... but then shortly after I liked the new direction it was taking....

17. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Has any of you seen this? And used this? A pike suggester.
    http://decino.nl/?p=pike-suggester

I wonder if that works according to expectations. ;) I wonder how Rock and Heavy are distinguished.

What I don't understand (yet) is that you can include or exclude a criterium but you can also have it not selected (grey). Why a difference between exclude and not selecting it? It gives different results.

18. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I looked at it once & didn't really understand/agree with what it suggested. It looked fun but ultimately not that useful.

19. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Did you download this for free, Foro? And if so, what did you think of it?

20. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Yes I did! I liked most songs on it. But I'd like to listen again to have a better impression (say something more sensible about it).