Buckethead

Have you seen the price for all 230? No idea who this would be aimed at, but it's less than $2 per Pike. Could you imagine how long it would take to download? :lol:

Yeah I think I did see that. Do you remember what the price was? My guess would be around...30, 40 min? Nah I don't know...

I'm sure there's fans out there who own most of it in the physical signed edition copies...I'd like to see that collection :D

Initial thoughts on Monument Valley. The heavy synth drums on Fembot is a nice change of pace from the dreamy title track. Definitely already an album I can see myself appreciating more and more...It's one of those late night albums that you can get lost in...or listen to while driving on a summer day...

Monument Valley, Utah:

Monument-Valley-Road-resized.jpg

Yeah I think I did see that. Do you remember what the price was? My guess would be around...30, 40 min? Nah I don't know...

I'm sure there's fans out there who own most of it in the physical signed edition copies...I'd like to see that collection :D
It's currently listed at $205 for 230 releases. There are a few missing that have never had a digital release, but basically it's every Pike. The price for signed & drawing editions is pretty expensive; and when you add that up now that he's up to the 200's, that's an incredible amount of money. Thousands of dollars. There are a few fans out there that have physical copies of nearly every Pike...
Initial thoughts on Monument Valley. The heavy synth drums on Fembot is a nice change of pace from the dreamy title track. Definitely already an album I can see myself appreciating more and more...It's one of those late night albums that you can get lost in...
Indeed.

I do love the hints at Spaghetti western during the title track on Monument Valley...It creeps up several times during the song :D

I haven't heard it for a while but I think the album closer was my favourite. What's yours after a first listening (if you have one)?

From the first play through I think Fembot made the biggest impact. Like I said, probably because of the change it brings. The title track sorta "rolled over me" on first listen but it's that kinda track..very mellow. On Second listen I started to digest it more. Attic Floor I can't even remember it now, but it's only 1 min long so..The closer Lirtson Nostril has a break in it that I'm on the fence about. It suddenly gets very heavy and it sorta broke my immersion on the first listen anyways :)

If I remember well, it does not only get heavy but also very grabbing/catchy/melodic. I'll replay this album soon! Glad you have obtained something interesting!

If I remember well, it does not only get heavy but also very grabbing/catchy/melodic.

That was kinda my experience too.. When the break happened I thought it ruined the vibe that he had been setting and I didn't like it.... but then shortly after I liked the new direction it was taking....

Has any of you seen this? And used this? A pike suggester.
http://decino.nl/?p=pike-suggester

I wonder if that works according to expectations. ;) I wonder how Rock and Heavy are distinguished.

What I don't understand (yet) is that you can include or exclude a criterium but you can also have it not selected (grey). Why a difference between exclude and not selecting it? It gives different results.

Yes I did! I liked most songs on it. But I'd like to listen again to have a better impression (say something more sensible about it).

Back