Bruce Dickinson

Yes, Bruce would support Maiden, and in order to save money, his band would consist: Nicko, Roy, Adrian, and Janick on the bass. Just think, what tremendous bass solos we would to hear. Doodility-doodles. Next to prancing bassist Mr. Gers, De Maio would look like a dwarf.
The Prancing Bee and The Dwarf

Last edited:
Bruce's "Evening With..:" tour landed on Helsinki, Finland last night. Couldn't attend myself, but here's something very interesting I gathered from the clips I've seen:

Q: When are we gonna hear some new solo material?
A: SOON! Obviously, there's gonna be a Maiden tour in between me finishing the album and then you hearing it... later. I don't tell you when, it'll be a surprise... not really. There's been a lot of things around this particular record. It's been a long time. So... The record itself... I think... I'm very proud of it. It's quite special. I think you'll dig it! There's some... other stuff that's... I'm doing around it. It's hopefully going to be very interesting. There's been a lot of things I've been doing around it this year. I've been busy preparing it. -- There will be a tour."

Bruce's "Evening With..:" tour landed on Helsinki, Finland last night. Couldn't attend myself, but here's something very interesting I gathered from the clips I've seen:

Q: When are we gonna hear some new solo material?
A: SOON! Obviously, there's gonna be a Maiden tour in between me finishing the album and then you hearing it... later. I don't tell you when, it'll be a surprise... not really. There's been a lot of things around this particular record. It's been a long time. So... The record itself... I think... I'm very proud of it. It's quite special. I think you'll dig it! There's some... other stuff that's... I'm doing around it. It's hopefully going to be very interesting. There's been a lot of things I've been doing around it this year. I've been busy preparing it. -- There will be a tour."
So it seems the first rumour from a few days ago will be true? Bruce spoiled the ''surprise'' with his different answers about the album, haha. At least this time ''soon'' could really mean after Maiden's tour. It's also great to hear that he's very proud of it and that it's quite special, Bruce doesn't usually says things like that.

''There's some other stuff that's I'm doing around it'' ... ''I've been busy prepating it'' - supporting tour for the album this year?

That's curious: ''There's been a lot of things I've been doing around it this year''?

If Bruce will arrange tour in support of the new album, I bet attendance figures will be much better than for The Chemical Wedding Tour. Since 2000's heavy metal has made it's comeback, plus Maiden tours extensively, so it will help for Bruce's solo tour. And last but not least, I have no doubts that upcoming Bruce's album will be nothing short of a Masterpiece. At least, it will be very strong album. Fingers crossed!

If Bruce will arrange tour in support of the new album, I bet attendance figures will be much better than for The Chemical Wedding Tour. Since 2000's heavy metal has made it's comeback, plus Maiden tours extensively, so it will help for Bruce's solo tour. And last but not least, I have no doubts that upcoming Bruce's album will be nothing short of a Masterpiece. At least, it will be very strong album. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, I think even people who are not necessarily familiar with his solo material would go to the shows because they recognize the name and know him from Maiden. I'd love to see one of his solo shows (concerts, not the talks), haven't had the chance yet!

I admire your optimism!

10 years in the making… The album might end up being a turd like Chinese Democracy.

Yes, I think he can sell out Sheperds bush empire now, instead of venues like Astoria 2 back then. And the album will place between number 10-20, instead of top 50.

I admire your optimism!

10 years in the making… The album might end up being a turd like Chinese Democracy.
It takes a while to do several world tours with his main band, write a book, beating cancer and 1000 other things before being able to release a solo album, but it will be nice to finally hear something new soon.

By the way, Chinese democracy technically started even earlier, but thanks to Axl’s low self esteem it surely took way too long time. This is why they still have not written a single song after the main three guys came together again seven years ago.

The performance this past Friday was pretty fun and I can't say that I regret seeing it a second time. It's always special to feel so close up and personal with any of them, whether it's sitting a couple of metres across for this show or standing a few metres from the small club stage in a British Lion gig.

The first time around, I got an autographed copy of his autobiography. I think that was justified in the ticket price that time around, but there was nothing this time around.

Bruce in Sweden (Spoken Word tour):

Q: Will you pick up Alexander The Great this coming tour?
- ''Yes, no no no no no no no absolutely not, maybe possibly, you never know''...

His favorite song from SSOASS album is the title track. He sings a bit of it and of Rime.

He would love to play Total Eclipse live again.

His favorite opening act is Ghost. He loves them.

Last edited:
Total Eclipse is a cool choice and makes a lot of sense. Will not be surprised if it makes the list.
Wow, for me Total Eclipse will be one of the biggest surprises in a Maiden setlist if it's played again. Even Out Of The Silent Planet won't be that surprising and it fits the theme of the tour in a way (maybe Eclipse too? I'm not sure). But with all the talk from Bruce about it, maybe it has a chance. For the single video & artwork of the song we can also see ruined buildings, maybe it's not for Futureal but for this song?

If you see the background of the artwork of new "Total Eclipse" single, it's pretty much similar to the background of "Run To The Hills / Total Eclipse" original single and quite the same as the last Legacy Of The Beast tour poster background... In general, Maiden posters between tours have some bridges to indicate very shyly what songs could appear on next setlist... That's the case with LOTB last green poster and with the new DOFP one. :)

So, it makes sense to have "Total Eclipse" on DOFP setlist that could be like a kind of transition between Senjutsu songs and SIT songs, introducing a time travel vortex... ;)

Back