Bruce Dickinson

Iron Maiden tour ends in August, Bruce album released in September, fall/winter tour ala British Lion to follow seems right. Hope it's true!

Apparently yesterday Bruce mentioned at one of his spoken word shows that the solo album will not be released this year, but perhaps next year.

I'll believe anything he says about releasing the solo album it when I see it on sale.

Apparently yesterday Bruce mentioned at one of his spoken word shows that the solo album will not be released this year, but perhaps next year.
It just... just... never ends. Or he wants to surprise us? :S I'd say then: go to the studio with Maiden after the tour, Bruce!

''Perhaps next year'' could mean in 2025(!) - it seems he wants to release it alongside the new Maiden album or a year before it (2025/2026, just like 2005/2006). I knew he wasn't in a hurry, unfortunately.
I'll believe anything he says about releasing the solo album it when I see it on sale.
True. It seems Roy's hints weren't an indicator.

I hate that there will be no new album this year... But I understand Bruce. This year he will be busy with Maiden. He clearly wants to do it in a proper way: to promote new album and to tour it. Maybe he will make a breaktrough with the new one.

I hate that there will be no new album this year... But I understand Bruce. This year he will be busy with Maiden. He clearly wants to do it in a proper way: to promote new album and to tour it. Maybe he will make a breaktrough with the new one.

I am not sure 3 months of rehearsals and touring qualifies as being busy with Maiden this year...

We know that Bruce can talk the talk. Let's hope he can walk the walk too.

I am not sure 3 months of rehearsals and touring qualifies as being busy with Maiden this year...

We know that Bruce can talk the talk. Let's hope he can walk the walk too.
No way he will able to arrange his solo tour in 2023. All must be done in advance. Contracts with venues and before that album must be released. Too much of a hustle. Unless, all of it is happening right now behind the scenes. I doubt it, now he is doing spoken word tour.

No way he will able to arrange his solo tour in 2023. All must be done in advance. Contracts with venues and before that album must be released. Too much of a hustle. Unless, all of it is happening right now behind the scenes. I doubt it, now he is doing spoken word tour.
He is busy with Maiden (for about 4 months) and (probably) with his Spoken word tour every year. I can't remember the promotional campaign for TOS album (single with music video? with no tour, ofc), but I think he has enough time - Maiden's tour ends in August, he can release the album in September and then have 3 months for promotion with a tour starting at the end of the year or early 2024. Unless he's busy in the studio with Maiden this winter. If his promotional campaign for the album is longer than Maiden's usual promotion for their new albums, I'd be a bit surprised.

I tend to doubt he'll tour it at all. He didn't tour Tyranny of Souls, and said at the time he didn't feel the need to. And for all we know, we've got three legs (which equals three years) of touring the Future Past tour. I think that's why he's not in a rush to finish it or get it out the door, because his solo "career" at this point seems more like a solo hobby, not a moneymaking endeavor by any stretch of the imagination.

I tend to doubt he'll tour it at all. He didn't tour Tyranny of Souls, and said at the time he didn't feel the need to. And for all we know, we've got three legs (which equals three years) of touring the Future Past tour. I think that's why he's not in a rush to finish it or get it out the door, because his solo "career" at this point seems more like a solo hobby, not a moneymaking endeavor by any stretch of the imagination.
This is what I’m expecting as well. Just releasing the album early next year, with no touring, or just a couple of festival dates if Maiden are not touring during the summer.

The cost of putting a band together for touring purposes while you’re in you 60’ is not like doing it in your 30’s.

If my memory serves me well, TOS came out totally understatement. There wasn't much of a promotional campaign. So the album was forgotten rather soon. That's my memory of it. It was a very strange thing.
A video from Abduction plus an epk was basically all promotion it got

A video from Abduction plus an epk was basically all promotion it got
This, yeah. It seemed that TOS got lost in all the hype around the Eddie Rips Up The World-Tour that took place the same time. I never understood the timing schedule of Bruces album in the shade of Maiden's activities.

You are probably right about the reason why he's not in a rush to finish it, but maybe he's changed his mind now and wants to play some of the new songs live (with a short tour). He has said in his Spoken word shows that he would like to play some solo stuff live - yeah, he says lots of things, but I don't think he'll do it for money or that he expects much profit from album sales. All of Maiden's band members love to play live, especially Steve.
This is what I’m expecting as well. Just releasing the album early next year, with no touring, or just a couple of festival dates if Maiden are not touring during the summer.
I expect Maiden to be on tour next year's summer as well. Maybe his plan is exactly like that: a few festival dates and arena shows and that's it (like in 2002). Maiden's touring schedule nowadays certainly allows that.
It seemed that TOS got lost in all the hype around the Eddie Rips Up The World-Tour that took place the same time. I never understood the timing schedule of Bruces album in the shade of Maiden's activities.
Yep, he should release an album after a Maiden tour, not before it.

He has said in his Spoken word shows that he would like to play some solo stuff live - yeah, he says lots of things, but I don't think he'll do it for money or that he expects much profit from album sales. All of Maiden's band members love to play live, especially Steve.
I cannot see Bruce bankrolling his solo career at this stage like Steve is doing with British Lion...

Back