Bruce Dickinson

Started around 7:40 on Tuesday night.

He comes on about mid-way through "Born in '58" playing over the PA for what it's worth.

Started around 7:40 on Tuesday night.

He comes on about mid-way through "Born in '58" playing over the PA for what it's worth.
So how do the questions get submitted -- are there cards in the lobby you can fill out, or what?

Has there been anything new happening?
Has Bruce revealed futher news about anything related to Maiden or his upcoming solo album?
I haven't followed that closely lately, just seen couple pics and videos from his book tour in the US.

Show on Friday night was quite fun. Didn't realize until after the fact it was in the same venue Maiden played on The X Factour. That factoid blew my mind.

None of my questions got answered. Upon hearing the ones that did get answered I realized I should have dumbed my questions down (I was asking stuff like "Has your perception of Maiden's history and legacy changed throughout your second tenure in the band?") Only Maiden questions that really got asked were "Was Stratego meant to be the first single over TWoTW?" which the answer was "No, we didn't make the WotW video for six months for nothing" and "What's your favorite song on the LotB pinball machine?" which he said RotAM was.

All he said about the solo album is right after the final date of the speaking tour he's going right to Los Angeles for some writing, then he'll be off to Europe for LotB 22 rehearsals.

Listened closely when he sang Man of Sorrows (I was going to ask for Hell on Earth, haha) to cap the show off and didn't notice any straining/cracking at all. Sounded good to me.

Oh, one more thing, somebody in that audience on Friday did a dead on impression of Nicko's "Aye!?"
One moooooooore thing. In a funny bit of banter, Bruce was going on about a story where he was a British Airways pilot for a few months and was approached by a German Iron Maiden fan who didn't recognize him and asked him for bus directions. He mentioned he still has his pilot's cap from British Airways. Someone towards the front of the audience asked if they could have it and Bruce replied "No, I still use it in the bedroom." :bigsmile:

Show on Friday night was quite fun. Didn't realize until after the fact it was in the same venue Maiden played on The X Factour. That factoid blew my mind.

None of my questions got answered. Upon hearing the ones that did get answered I realized I should have dumbed my questions down (I was asking stuff like "Has your perception of Maiden's history and legacy changed throughout your second tenure in the band?") Only Maiden questions that really got asked were "Was Stratego meant to be the first single over TWoTW?" which the answer was "No, we didn't make the WotW video for six months for nothing" and "What's your favorite song on the LotB pinball machine?" which he said RotAM was.

All he said about the solo album is right after the final date of the speaking tour he's going right to Los Angeles for some writing, then he'll be off to Europe for LotB 22 rehearsals.

Listened closely when he sang Man of Sorrows (I was going to ask for Hell on Earth, haha) to cap the show off and didn't notice any straining/cracking at all. Sounded good to me.
I just now realized you’re another Chicago area member! We should plan a meet up for the October show w/ @Detective Beauregard and @Lampwick 43

Back