Bruce Dickinson

Painful to watch. The Alchemist - one of my all time favorites.
Rather decent, actually. The low mid sound buildup isn't very pretty though. I think this vocal take would have sounded much better on a concert stage, with a band and adequate sound.

Painful to watch. The Alchemist - one of my all time favorites.

Absolutely - for the latter, but it's OK performance considering the age and context (didn't he say the worst time to sing is after a lot of talking)

Rather decent, actually. The low mid sound buildup isn't very pretty though. I think this vocal take would have sounded much better on a concert stage, with a band and adequate sound.

The notes are spot on. I mean my pitch recognition is not that special but intervals don't lie, that's a correct rendition of Alchemist voice melody. Regarding timbre, well, to connect what I said above I think Bruce is intentionally stretching out his capabilities while trying to sing a cappella every night after a speech tour.

This is by no means a bad performance. ''The Alchemist'' has tricky verses and chorus. I wouldn't worry about Bruce's voice, I mean he sings without warming up his voice and after 2 hours of talking. Live on a concert stage will sound better for sure.
The Alchemist - one of my all time favorites.
Awesome chorus and solo (''Stargazer'' vibe). It's never been played live, right?

This is by no means a bad performance. ''The Alchemist'' has tricky verses and chorus. I wouldn't worry about Bruce's voice, I mean he sings without warming up his voice and after 2 hours of talking. Live on a concert stage will sound better for sure.

Awesome chorus and solo (''Stargazer'' vibe). It's never been played live, right?

That’d better be the case!

First live performance of ''Stranger In A Strange Land'' since 1999 by Bruce.
Indeed, that would be nice to get back into Maiden setlist.
I tried searching for this video from youtube couple days ago (when found about it) but as then couldn't find any for it, so I couldn't naturally post the video.
Im really digging these videos where Bruce performs bits of songs acapella, too bad he didn't yet sing any when I saw the book tour..

Last edited:
Saw the Bruce solo show in Minneapolis tonight, and he read my joke question about solo beers right at the end…LOL. Once someone posts a video of the show you can hear him reciting a few puns from our very own joke beer name thread!
How did Q&A work?
You say he read your question. Did you have to submit it online?
Or is there a line to stand and wait in?
(Going to Houston show tonight!)

How did Q&A work?
You say he read your question. Did you have to submit it online?
Or is there a line to stand and wait in?
(Going to Houston show tonight!)
You get a card at the venue and you can write your question on it. Bruce selects which ones to answer during the interval.
This. There were a number of question boxes throughout the lobby. You write down your name and your question. I submitted 3 cards and he picked the one I hoped he would pick.

Enjoyed Bruce last night; was very funny! Didn't choose my questions but told great story about how he survived being a passenger in a little plane Nicko was piloting which is what sparked Bruce's desire to fly.
Ended with solo performance of Road To Hell!

Enjoyed Bruce last night; was very funny! Didn't choose my questions but told great story about how he survived being a passenger in a little plane Nicko was piloting which is what sparked Bruce's desire to fly.
Ended with solo performance of Road To Hell!

Please tell me that this wasn't the first time you had heard the story about Nicko and his instructor flying to France to pick up Bruce and his mate following a fencing competition. It is as old as the hills!

Glad to hear you had fun.

Please tell me that this wasn't the first time you had heard the story about Nicko and his instructor flying to France to pick up Bruce and his mate following a fencing competition. It is as old as the hills!
Admittedly it's a great story and I bet most of the audience isn't familiar with it but it's pretty funny he's still telling it after he already put it in his book and was already sharing it every night in 2019, probably even earlier.

That was much better than most of his recent efforts at singing on his one man show (not trying to go high probably helped).
Probably the only live rendition of “Eternal” that we’ll ever hear, too.

He sounded pretty good on “Revelations” at the Minneapolis show:

Back