Bruce Dickinson

Finally a live performance...

Bruce sang a little bit of ''Man Of Sorrows'' during his book tour show yesterday. Great performance. That long note!

Honestly, I wonder why Bruce didn't played this classic live - one of his best solo songs imo.

Honestly, I wonder why Bruce didn't played this classic live - one of his best solo songs imo.

I think it comes down to two reasons: piano parts being somewhat integral part of the arrangement and vibe of it and maybe being structurally almost identical with Tears of a Dragon, which was relatively well-known song at the time. Later on The Chemical Wedding provided Gates of Urizen as another addition to the ballad-y setlist spots, so Man of Sorrows just was at a wrong place at a wrong time, I believe.

I'm impressed he remembers the rap from 'Shoot All The Clowns'!
Yeah
:D
Btw, the song was the last one completed for Balls to Picasso on the insistence of the record label.

I think it comes down to two reasons: piano parts being somewhat integral part of the arrangement and vibe of it and maybe being structurally almost identical with Tears of a Dragon, which was relatively well-known song at the time. Later on The Chemical Wedding provided Gates of Urizen as another addition to the ballad-y setlist spots, so Man of Sorrows just was at a wrong place at a wrong time, I believe.
I guess you're right. And the song was also a single. Maybe the piano parts could have been replaced with the guitars. He should have played it during his short solo tour in 2002.

Am I the only one who find the Psycho Schizo Expresso Podcast absolutely interesting and great? It has only 2000 suscriptors :(
Yeah I am really enjoying it. Nice to hear Bruce engage and talk about different subjects entirely, when you watch a bunch of interviews of him promoting Maiden etc he ends up repeating the same thing. I think there are more subscribers on different platforms. I listen on Castbox but I'm sure they're on Spotify and other streaming platforms too. I know there is a Patreon account as well.

Yeah I am really enjoying it. Nice to hear Bruce engage and talk about different subjects entirely, when you watch a bunch of interviews of him promoting Maiden etc he ends up repeating the same thing. I think there are more subscribers on different platforms. I listen on Castbox but I'm sure they're on Spotify and other streaming platforms too. I know there is a Patreon account as well.
Yeah I'm watching it from Youtube, because subtitles help me to understand what they say sometimes. Yes, they say that you can get some extra content if you support in Patreon.
You're right, as you said, it's very interesting watch and hear Bruce engage with other subjects and stories. All the guests are very interesting in their fields. Psychology, Sociology… and the psychologist is a great guy and very funny.

I met a guy at the weekend that used to post on the official forum and he was telling me about listening to it as well. He said it seemed bizarre Bruce asking for support on patreon:lol:

Saw Bruce in DC on Tuesday night and it was a great time. I hadn't been paying any attention to his spoken word tour (mostly because I assumed I'd never get to see it), but I had a blast.

He easily filled 2+ hours of time with funny and insightful stories. I fill like he could have easily added another hour or two and I would have been enthralled the entire time. The entire evening flew by in what seemed like seconds.

Cherry on top of the entire evening is when he answered my request for him to sing Jerusalem!

Back