Bruce Dickinson

One moooooooore thing. In a funny bit of banter, Bruce was going on about a story where he was a British Airways pilot for a few months and was approached by a German Iron Maiden fan who didn't recognize him and asked him for bus directions. He mentioned he still has his pilot's cap from British Airways. Someone towards the front of the audience asked if they could have it and Bruce replied "No, I still use it in the bedroom." :bigsmile:

Thanks for sharing that.

He has told that story countless times. In a previous life he used to claim that his (late) wife loved the hat and that they used it as a key bowl at home.

I guess the hat has been repurposed…

I just now realized you’re another Chicago area member! We should plan a meet up for the October show w/ @Detective Beauregard and @Lampwick 43
I'll be there! (Just haven't picked up tickets yet.)
Thanks for sharing that.

He has told that story countless times. In a previous life he used to claim that his (late) wife loved the hat and that they used it as a key bowl at home.

I guess the hat has been repurposed…
I think I've heard the German fan part before, but nothing about the BA cap. :D

So he is going straight to Los Angeles to write for his solo album. It does sound promising.
Yes. But I wonder why he will write more songs... Roy said that they have 17 amazing songs just sitting and Bruce said in a recent interview that the album is done at more than 50% in a demo form. Maybe he is not entirely satisfied with those songs?
"What's your favorite song on the LotB pinball machine?" which he said RotAM was.
This pinball machine contains 12 Maiden classics, so this again shows how much he likes ROTAM. He also listed it as a favorite live song along with HBTN.

*the other songs in the machine are: Aces High, 2MTM, Trooper, Wasted Years, CIPWM, TNOTB, RTTH, Powerslave, HBTN, FOI and FOTD.

I was joking, but as Roy Z said, they have 17 songs and will write even more. It certainly could be a double album.
I doubt Bruce will release a double album, but who knows. Since they will write more songs, this is possible. His last solo album was nearly 20 years ago, after all. o_O He has some catching up to do.

Older clip from january book tour show at the Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall in Pittsburgh
Bruce sings a bit of "The Writing on the Wall" and "Revelations"

Atleast now listening and watching some of these clips, it's obvious that any people who were in doubt about Bruce's voice, can be rest assured safe and wait now for the tour.

Back