Bruce Dickinson

It's amazing to think that when Bruce released his last solo record, only a handful of our current active members (perhaps 2 handfuls) were here to experience that and talk about it* (this topic is not even that old). 17 years ago! This is going to be an extremely rare Maiden related event, and not a minor one.

The oldest post I could find with Tyranny of Souls in it, from 1 April 2005, was not even on this solo board:

* I cannot find a post by myself from around this experience (or with Tyranny of Souls in it), I see a lot of anynomous posts, and I also remember I'd taken a break, perhaps it was then.
Edit: hmm, I can find other posts from March, April and July 2005, odd.

Curious, that RW's post is a 17 year old april fools post with a still functional image link in it :)

Re: Bruce Dickinson bonus CD's.

I never bought the re-release with the bonus discs when they came out as I had all the original CDs.

Can I ask any Bruce experts, e.g. @Jer , @GhostofCain , is the complete back catalogue represented on these discs?

i.e. if I buy them now will I have all his non-album tracks? I have the 2 CD greatest hits and the soundtrack to Scream for me Sarajevo, so I have the rare tracks from those albums.

I never bought the re-release with the bonus discs when they came out as I had all the original CDs.

Can I ask any Bruce experts, e.g. @Jer , @GhostofCain , is the complete back catalogue represented on these discs?

i.e. if I buy them now will I have all his non-album tracks? I have the 2 CD greatest hits and the soundtrack to Scream for me Sarajevo, so I have the rare tracks from those albums.

As far as I can remember, those reissues contained all the B-sides released by Bruce. I will double check later when I get back home.

EDIT: I have done a quick check and I think there are no B-sides missing, so buying those 2005 re-releases would help you complete the collection. There are still some tracks from that time that are not included ((I wanna be) Elected, The Zoo, Bohemian Rhapsody, Black Widow, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath), but those were not Bruce Dickinson solo tracks per se.

Last edited:
I didn't have any Bruce CDs. I bought Tattooed Millionaire and Balls to Picasso LPs at that time, singles and VHS and the Greatest Hits DVD The 2CD Greatest Hits. I didn't have any CD until now. A couple of months I bought the Accident of Birth and Skunkworks reissues 2CDs each one with b-sides, demos… and this week I bought The Chemical Wedding with the 3 bonus tracks but 1CD only as Tyranny of Souls (this one doesn't have any extra song) But I know that Balls to Picasso and Tattooed Millionaire both are 2CDs.

I didn't have any Bruce CDs. I bought Tattooed Millionaire and Balls to Picasso LPs at that time, singles and VHS and the Greatest Hits DVD The 2CD Greatest Hits. I didn't have any CD until now. A couple of months I bought the Accident of Birth and Skunkworks reissues 2CDs each one with b-sides, demos… and this week I bought The Chemical Wedding with the 3 bonus tracks but 1CD only as Tyranny of Souls (this one doesn't have any extra song) But I know that Balls to Picasso and Tattooed Millionaire both are 2CDs.

Tattooed Millionaire, Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks and Accident of Birth were all released as 2CDs. The Chemical Wedding was released as a single CD with the bonus tracks right at the end, which somewhat ruins the flow to me as Real World and Confeos have a vibe completely different to the album (Return of the King fits well though).

Tattooed Millionaire, Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks and Accident of Birth were all released as 2CDs. The Chemical Wedding was released as a single CD with the bonus tracks right at the end, which somewhat ruins the flow to me as Real World and Confeos have a vibe completely different to the album (Return of the King fits well though).

Is the spoken word message gone from Chemical Wedding?

Nope, it is still there.

On the original release it comes after The Alchemist, on the Japanese version straight after the bonus track Return of the King, and on the 2005 re-release it is after the last song, which does not make much sense.

Is the empty space before it there?

You have everything then, if you get all those 2005 remasters. I still don’t have a CD with the bonus song from Tyranny of souls

Back