Bruce Dickinson

Maybe. Seems to me though that Bruce has a big mouth regardless of what is going on in the Maiden camp. Almost like it depends of the mood of the day.

Not wishing to defend him at all, since it feeds the 'I'm alright Jack' crowd, but doesn't Bruce tend to come out with something vaguely controversial whenever Maiden are about to tour or actually on tour? Just to remind everyone that Maiden are edgy and tough, and not old codgers who used to be the forefront of metal in the 1980s.
That may well be his intention. But even so I wish he'd can it sometimes - it does come across as pretty tactless at times.

Bring your Daughter is great live, I'd love if Maiden threw a few of their no nonsense silly rock songs like BYDTTS, From Here to Eternity or Sanctuary into the encore, just as a counter balance to all the epics.

Bring your Daughter is great live, I'd love if Maiden threw a few of their no nonsense silly rock songs like BYDTTS, From Here to Eternity or Sanctuary into the encore, just as a counter balance to all the epics.
I wish Maiden would rotate a couple of songs on the setlist, to make room for material like this. It keeps it interesting night after night. Metallica alternates between songs like crazy, Priest are mixing it up now that Glenn isn't playing live etc. Maiden most often try to find the perfect set that just works and then run with it to the end and only replace a song if they don't think it works well enough.

BYDTTS is a superb song live. One of the highlights of the 2003 GMETID gigs for sure.

Sanctuary is good fun live too, but From Here to Eternity is a pile of poo. :lol:

Back