Bruce Dickinson

I don't think such a tour is on the table anyway.
There. Was. Never. Going. To. Be. A. Maiden. And. Priest. Tour. It's. Fanfiction. From. This. Board.

First of all the Priest Maiden tour was never on
I think it would've been a Maiden-Priest tour actually.
I don't know guys. I can see Maiden letting Judas Priest close the show on some nights because it would give them a rest and would be good for the fans.

By this logic I might as well say they are planning a tour with Metallica and their silence is proof of that.
That was a huge leap... I said, if you plan something huge, a tour package fans have been nagging about for twenty years, you don't announce "we are considering...", you announce a tour package when the ink has dried. I did not say silence = confirmation.

That was a huge leap... I said, if you plan something huge, a tour package fans have been nagging about for twenty years, you don't announce "we are considering...", you announce a tour package when the ink has dried. I did not say silence = confirmation.

Yeah, but in the context of the conversation we were having here, your statement sounded like an argument for the confirmation of such a tour.

Yeah, but in the context of the conversation we were having here, your statement sounded like an argument for the confirmation of such a tour.
Sure, I get that. I did however say in the same post that the tour is never going to happen so I thought I made my personal standpoint clear. I merely meant that the lack of confirmation does not per say mean it's the same as the fabricated tour is off the table

Bruce is an inconsiderate prick at times. Having a go at people with memory issues is kind of the same as going "Yeah, I don't use glasses. A lot of people now, they just have contact lenses and glasses to fix their bad eye sight. What the fuck is that all about? People pay good money and you can't even see your fucking surroundings without aid?"
Bruce may not use an autocue (what my Dad used to call an "idiotprompt") but his memory isn't perfect either: he has been known to forget the lyrics of Maiden songs or sing the wrong words. But when that happens he just wings it/improvises somehow to get past it. Maybe he thinks that whatever the state of your memory the autocue is the equivalent of backing tracks/drum machines etc, ie it cheats the audience out of a truly live performance?

But yeah, he does have a tendency to turn into an opinionated dickhead at times ... :confused:

Why Maiden never played ATG live ? Bruce: ''We will play it. First, we have to remember it and then Adrian has to remember how to play the solo, because all of us can't remember how he play the solo''.

Yeah, yeah. We heard that before. And the excuse with Adrian too. => deja vu... :innocent:

Easy enough, just tell Janick to do it. I'm sure he'll be perfectly happy to improvise something for that solo.

The usual bollocks regarding Alexander the Great...
I think they somehow just don't like the song. Or they are unwilling to play it just because of the hype and therefore don't want it to turn into some sort of anticlimax. Can't see how it would though.

I've said this before, it's a theory, but I think Steve does not like the end product. Unlike Rime where he wrote the complete song, Alexander was an instrumental initially. It wasn't concieved as a song with singing from the get go. Lyrics seem hastly written and vocals just pinned down to the guitar melody.

@Yax I think it is the clean 7/8 solo that he supposedly forgot. Which is probably BS anyway.

Bruce is an inconsiderate prick at times. Having a go at people with memory issues is kind of the same as going "Yeah, I don't use glasses. A lot of people now, they just have contact lenses and glasses to fix their bad eye sight. What the fuck is that all about? People pay good money and you can't even see your fucking surroundings without aid?"
Bruce may not use an autocue (what my Dad used to call an "idiotprompt") but his memory isn't perfect either: he has been known to forget the lyrics of Maiden songs or sing the wrong words. But when that happens he just wings it/improvises somehow to get past it. Maybe he thinks that whatever the state of your memory the autocue is the equivalent of backing tracks/drum machines etc, ie it cheats the audience out of a truly live performance?

But yeah, he does have a tendency to turn into an opinionated dickhead at times ... :confused:
Not wishing to defend him at all, since it feeds the 'I'm alright Jack' crowd, but doesn't Bruce tend to come out with something vaguely controversial whenever Maiden are about to tour or actually on tour? Just to remind everyone that Maiden are edgy and tough, and not old codgers who used to be the forefront of metal in the 1980s.

Back