Bruce Dickinson

Bruce is an inconsiderate prick at times. Having a go at people with memory issues is kind of the same as going "Yeah, I don't use glasses. A lot of people now, they just have contact lenses and glasses to fix their bad eye sight. What the fuck is that all about? People pay good money and you can't even see your fucking surroundings without aid?"

I don't think it is a problem in itself. Both bands are revered gods of metal (though Maiden has managed their career MUCH better, which explains the difference in popularity and in venue sizes on their own name) and it would be very difficult for them to decide who is to open for whom.

Besides, from a commercial point view, it would be like AC DC, U2 and Metallica sharing the same bill: Maiden would sell out anyway (like these three bands would) even if they played with Ralph Wiggum's Nose Flute Band. I'd wager that the same goes for Priest, though in slightly smaller venues. So there is technically more money to be made if they both invite a smaller band.

The only thing is we should hope they don't pull a Queen-McCartney dilemna (both bands play in Paris on the same day this year :facepalm: ).

Last edited:
While I think Bruce is just being his big-mouthed self, I can't see how this makes any change to the prospect of a Maiden-Priest tour.

First off, I don't think such a tour is on the table anyway.

Second, Bruce using a Priest song with very simple lyrics to illustrate a more general point wouldn't change much. Halford, and Priest's management, know that Bruce has a big mouth. After Eggfest '05, I doubt there is anyone even distantly interested in metal who doesn't know that.

I don't think it is a problem in itself. Both bands are revered gods of metal (though Maiden has managed their career MUCH better, which explains the difference in popularity and in venue sizes on their own name) and it would be very difficult for them to decide who is to open for whom.
You say managed their, career, I say made much better music.

And Bruce is in a big glass house when it comes to makin fun of songs with a simple, repetitive chorus.

Don't be hasty, it doesn't mean anything or any tours/shows being discarded. Bruce says alot of things, some of them which are true and some turn out to be on the news..I wouldn't worry about this at all.
As Rob said: "Well, the first thing I'll say about that is Bruce Dickinson is a good mate of mine; I love him to death. I think he's an incredible singer, he's a great showman, he's in a wonderful band, IRON MAIDEN, who are one of the biggest metal bands in the world. And as far as what people say about each other, I don't think it really means that much, to be quite honest. We say whatever we say, depending on the day and the emotion that we're at. I know Bruce's heart is in the right place, and he just said what he said, and that's all there is to it to comment, in that respect."

First of all the Priest Maiden tour was never on.

Second of all Halford takes this stuff in stride. He was asked about it in an interview once. The two are clearly friends and he’s taking the piss. Not everything has to be drama.

He was not making fun of the repetitive chorus, he was making fun of the fact that a teleprompter was used to read the lyrics of the repetitive chorus. ;)
I knew someone would do it. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good armchair criticism, man.

No More Lies vs Breaking The Law - Vote Now!

Would anyone actually vote for No More Lies?

You say managed their, career, I say made much better music.

And Bruce is in a big glass house when it comes to makin fun of songs with a simple, repetitive chorus.

Or both. Priest lagged behind in both categories by trying to chase trends.

Also, I think that glass house was built by one Mr. Harris.

I knew someone would do it. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good armchair criticism, man.

I’ll throw down a vote for No More Lies.

He wasn't though.

He was making fun of the fact that 3 words were put on a teleprompter. He's not insinuating that Rob can't remember the three words "Breaking the Law", he's implying that Rob obviously can remember the three words from his bands biggest hit and that it's absurd that the words are being put on a teleprompter.

There. Was. Never. Going. To. Be. A. Maiden. And. Priest. Tour. It's. Fanfiction. From. This. Board.

Yep, it was all wishful thinking and fanfiction. I don't see this one happening so likely (but what do I know of the future).
Only to put little more water to the sauna stove, Rob and Steve both talked about it during their interviews.

Last edited:
Only to put little more water to the sauna stove, Rob and Steve both talked about it during their interviews

They were answering to questions and made non-committal statements, which is a diplomatic answer any band management would demand. They didn't come forth and say they were thinking about such a tour.

They were answering to questions and made non-committal statements, which is a diplomatic answer any band management would demand. They didn't come forth and say they were thinking about such a tour.
You rarely do until you've got something on the table.

I don't see it happening though in any case. Would be the greatest package deal ever, but it's not going to happen.

You rarely do until you've got something on the table

By this logic I might as well say they are planning a tour with Metallica and their silence is proof of that.

This tour was made up. There is nothing behind it.

Exactly, I didn't remember the exact interviews and didn't have time to search and verify.

Not me! No More Lies is fairly mediocre. Breaking the Law might not be an incredible song, but at least it does not go on forever!

Back