Bruce Dickinson

Is no one else bothered by how the spines and text on those books don't line up? It mocks me. Much like Maiden's currently failing copy/paste tour with terrible low turnout.

I wonder if Bruce really will re-record IESF for his solo album..... I'm also curious if his version will be different to the Maiden one (probably a little). The two versions of BYD.. TTS are not so much different. He said that he planned a concept album with IESF being the title track, so it's probably certain. It's also curious if he will put it as a album opener (like it's in TBOS album).

One of the songs he has written for this album (called ''Nightmare'' or ''Nightmares'') - I expect that one to be very good (since Steve also liked that song for Maiden, but it was co-written by Roy Z). Anyway, I expect (and hope) for a really amazing solo album from Bruce after so many years of experience and waiting..... but first he have to release the album at last XD.

The original version of Man Of Sorrows was written by Bruce in 1990 (Tattooed Millionaire sessions) with Janick on guitar. But on the video it says it was written in 1992? - I thought Bruce and Janick wrote songs together only in 1990 for Bruce first solo effort.

It's interesting to hear the solo played by Janick.

The original version of Man Of Sorrows was written by Bruce in 1990 (Tattooed Millionaire sessions) with Janick on guitar. But on the video it says it was written in 1992? - I thought Bruce and Janick wrote songs together only in 1990 for Bruce first solo effort.

It's interesting to hear the solo played by Janick.

Bruce sounds so much better on the AoB version. He sings so nasal and twangy here. Early 90's was not a good period for Bruce. At all.

Edit: And the strings during the solo are just awful. Cool improvised solo though. I always liked in when Jannick plays Blackmore-esque.

Bruce sounds so much better on the AoB version. He sings so nasal and twangy here. Early 90's was not a good period for Bruce. At all.

Edit: And the strings during the solo are just awful. Cool improvised solo though. I always liked in when Jannick plays Blackmore-esque.

The AOB version of the song is timeless. Bruce sang better in 1997 than in the early 90's (although I like his voice during 1990-1994) - he somehow found his full voice during the AOB era. Man Of Sorrows is a killer song and one of my all-time favorite songs (surprisingly, never played live..).

Typical solo for Janick on that song.

--he somehow found his full voice during the AOB era. Man Of Sorrows is a killer song and one of my all-time favorite songs (surprisingly, never played live..).

Yeah, he actually mentioned that Skunkworks - even though they ended up taking separate ways - helped him to "rediscover his range," or something along those lines. He briefly touches the subject in The sleeve notes of AOB re-release. :)

Yeah, he actually mentioned that Skunkworks - even though they ended up taking separate ways - helped him to "rediscover his range," or something along those lines. He briefly touches the subject in The sleeve notes of AOB re-release. :)
Is that on the vinyl version in the Brucey Brucey Boxy Brucey Boxset? If so I will read these words.

Back