Bruce Dickinson

He looks like the former Fulham footballer Jimmy Bullard

jimmy-peter-stringfellow-bullard.jpg

As we all know, Bruce had made 3 recording sessions for the Balls To Picasso album - the first 2 were aborted.

#1 - with the British band Skin.
#2 - with the producer Keith Olsen.
#3 - with Roy Z and Tribe Of Gypsies -> the album we got at the end.

Which songs from the bonus CD of the album were written for the first 2 sessions ? From which sessions are the still unreleased songs Original Sin and Thank Heaven ?

The songs written by Bruce and Roy for the third and final version of the album were totally new, if I'm not mistaken.... only ''Tears Of The Dragon'' was from the second sessions and Roy wanted to record it for the album. And ''Change Of Heart'' was originally a demo song of Roy.

- in the Anthology DVD Bruce said he regrets not naming the album Laughing In The Hiding Bush - the song dedicated to his son, Austin, who penned the title.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This probably was discussed before, but I would like to know which songs from the 2005 bonus CD of the album are from which of the first 2 sessions and if there are more unreleased songs from these sessions (probably?) except the aforementioned two.

only ''Tears Of The Dragon'' was from the second sessions and Roy wanted to record it for the album.

I maybe be confusing things I've read in the past but I think Tears of the Dragon was based on a track originally written for Somewhere in Time called Pendragon's Tears.

As we all know, Bruce had made 3 recording sessions for the Balls To Picasso album - the first 2 were aborted.

#1 - with the British band Skin.
#2 - with the producer Keith Olsen.
#3 - with Roy Z and Tribe Of Gypsies -> the album we got at the end.

Which songs from the bonus CD of the album were written for the first 2 sessions ? From which sessions are the still unreleased songs Original Sin and Thank Heaven ?

The songs written by Bruce and Roy for the third and final version of the album were totally new, if I'm not mistaken.... only ''Tears Of The Dragon'' was from the second sessions and Roy wanted to record it for the album. And ''Change Of Heart'' was originally a demo song of Roy.

- in the Anthology DVD Bruce said he regrets not naming the album Laughing In The Hiding Bush - the song dedicated to his son, Austin, who penned the title.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This probably was discussed before, but I would like to know which songs from the 2005 bonus CD of the album are from which of the first 2 sessions and if there are more unreleased songs from these sessions (probably?) except the aforementioned two.

No disrespect @Kalata, but the search tool is pretty useful. This is what I posted some time ago on the matter:

And here you have some interviews with Keith Olsen and Shay Baby for your reading pleasure: ;)

Last edited:
Back