Bruce Dickinson

That and King In Crimson. Add these two and the setlist is delightful!
Thing is, “King in Crimson” has one of my all-time favorite solo sections so a part of me selfishly just wants to hear Roy and Adrian do it lol. But I think if Chris did Roy’s solo and Philip did H’s it could work. Chris seems more like a shredder whereas Philip is a bit more meticulous. Definitely excited to see where they go from here.

Once again there's a point where we disagree: be it metal or any other genre all I want is to enjoy the songs (no matter if they feature ten solos each or none at all). But then again, it's all a matter of perspective and taste so to each his own.:ok:
Same. I'm not a solo guy at all, so I barely noticed there was a lack of solos on TMP.

On an unrelated note, just watched halfway through Night 2 at the Whiskey, and noticed they tagged on the original minute-plus Keith Olsen version intro to Tears of the Dragon. I'd say that's a decent hint that some of the extra guitar tracks Roy had laying around were from that intro (which likely got cut from Shay Baby's version to make it more single-worthy). So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that wind up on the new iteration of Balls to Picasso.

Question is, will we also get the weird little flute outro with Bruce mumbling over it? B)

I noticed fewer than expected guitar solos on TMP and also noticed the guitar solos that were present were very weak and below the standard I’ve come to expect from Roy Z. I’m glad there weren’t any more honestly.

I noticed fewer than expected guitar solos on TMP and also noticed the guitar solos that were present were very weak and below the standard I’ve come to expect from Roy Z. I’m glad there weren’t any more honestly.

Bruce played a couple of those solos…

Same. I'm not a solo guy at all, so I barely noticed there was a lack of solos on TMP.

On an unrelated note, just watched halfway through Night 2 at the Whiskey, and noticed they tagged on the original minute-plus Keith Olsen version intro to Tears of the Dragon. I'd say that's a decent hint that some of the extra guitar tracks Roy had laying around were from that intro (which likely got cut from Shay Baby's version to make it more single-worthy). So, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see that wind up on the new iteration of Balls to Picasso.

Question is, will we also get the weird little flute outro with Bruce mumbling over it? B)

Your guess is as good as mine. Not sure the last bit will be used though, as it was written by Dickinson, Crichton and Baker.

Know one thing my friend, it’s Bruce at the helm and it Roy’s solos weren’t as terrific as those on TOS, TCW or AOB, it’s cause of how Bruce wants to direct his music. I do hope we hear some shreds on the next record.

It seems Maiden won't tour next year. At least not before september. That means a lot of things : a new album recorded by Iron Maiden on early 2025, then a U.S. and South American tour for Bruce Dickinson (and maybe some summer festival dates in Europe). Before releasing the new Iron Maiden masterpiece in september and going on stage for a new album tour. ;)
Remember my words: Hit the studio in 2025 and release album in 2026

I know this won’t happen but he needs to rotate the songs from TMP. Like Shadows of the Gods & Mistress of Mercy would be perfect additions
Exactly. Although, Shadow is a longer song, so it doesn't fit in the set as of now (an older song would need to be replaced).

Now with this setlist, I have a feeling that he will rotate Laughing In The Hiding Bush with Starchildren and Navigate with Jerusalem. Hopefully Book Of Thel is here to stay.

Back