Bruce Dickinson

Seeing all these last moment changes really makes me wonder if this tour of his is really gonna go down as planned. And also whether it’ll be well received. Now it just feels like some random band that’ll be touring with 2 new musicians as one of their original ones couldn’t make it.

I would think the tour will be fine. These aren't two guitarists plucked from the streets. If Roy can't tour now because of personal reasons we should respect that. It's personal and not ready to be disclosed at this time, if ever. I mean, Bruce Dickinson will still be there. Remember him? Kind of the whole reason this album and tour is being done in the first place?

Yeah Bruce being there is fine and all but if you think about it, I’m pretty sure a lot of people would have wanted to see Roy play all the solos (especially Tears of the Dragon). The two guitarists might be good but a lot of fans would’ve rather wanted to see Roy getting backed up by maybe one guitarist. And yeah if Roy can’t make it he can’t. Nothing wrong in that. Was just tryina say that executing Roy’s parts on the tour may not be as good as initially expected prior to this news. Let’s wait n watch.

I would be more inclined to believe H said no. If Bruce even asked him.
This. The fact H didn't appear on Tyranny is probably the same reason he's not on Mandrake: because he probably doesn't feel like he needs to be on it. I still maintain that him appearing on AoB and TCW was the same as Bruce's--get reunion talk started, because both wanted to rejoin Maiden--Bruce especially, because his solo career hadn't taken off, and being in a big, successful band is important to him and his ego (which is fine). The fact they did two brilliant albums was just icing on the cake, and if the Maiden-esque solo thing took off, great.

So, if that theory is true (not saying it for sure is, hence theory), no need to contribute to more Bruce solo stuff, since he's back in Maiden and, mission accomplished and whatnot.

Last edited:
This. The fact H didn't appear on Tyranny is probably the same reason he's not on Mandrake: because he probably doesn't feel like he needs to be on it. I still maintain that him appearing on AoB and TCW was the same as Bruce's--get reunion talk started, because both wanted to rejoin Maiden--Bruce especially, because his solo career hadn't taken off, and being in a big, successful band is important to him and his ego (which is fine). The fact they did two brilliant albums was just icing on the cake, and if the Maiden-esque solo thing took off, great.

So, if that theory is true (not saying it for sure is, hence theory), no need for more Bruce solo stuff, since he's back in Maiden and, mission accomplished and whatnot.
If anything H probably just wants to enjoy some time off and go on fishing trips before they tour in the Fall. If he does want to work he might get together and do some more collaborating with Kotzen.

I start to wonder if some countries are having immigration restrictions on Roy. For whatever reason. When I saw Bruce in 1998 in Germany touring CW, Roy Z also got replaced "last minute" by a guy called "The Guru". Now this... This might also have been one of the reasons why there was never any touring for TOS.

I've heard rumors that Roy really wanted H to be second guitarist on the tour but Bruce said no for unknown reason.
I think it's rather Adrian is not interested, especially being in Maiden now. He is also probably writing the 2nd SK album. Remember Bruce said in an interview from recent years that Adrian likes more the hard rock stuff than Bruce's heavy and down tuning approach. Expected. Roy's reason must have happened just now (I doubt it's the problem he had during the recordings of the album, the line-up was revealed a while ago; maybe it's something else) and I think his relationship with Bruce will remain the same. I wonder if not having Roy on the tour will reflect for future solo tours. I hope not. It's a massive blow, although Bruce is the main face for the fans. And they can't cancel the tour, not now. I think it will be fine and well received with more or less the random band. But if there are shows next year too (as rumored, by Bruce too), he can participate. The interest to the current tour might drop a little because Roy is an integral part of Bruce's career and sound.

A few days ago Roy shared this photo and I thought this would be the guitar he will be using during the tour (he recorded the new album with a Les Paul iirc). Beautiful silver Les Paul and he looks good on this photo.
roy.png
Maybe Dave Murray, then. ;)
I can't imagine Dave playing for any band other than Maiden. :) The style is probably not his favorite, but he liked AOB, according to Bruce.

Last edited:
Roy is integral to Bruce's solo work and has written some of my favourite music of all time... but if his absence means we're getting two guitarists I'm all for it

"The Three??? and the Moonlight Sonata: Half measures are not BRUCE DICKINSON's thing."
Hmm, it could mean a guest appearance, or Bruce, Roy and Mistheria. Or The Three Tremors project?
Difficult to say as the album is not out yet...
...But of course, it won't be the case at all because I'm always surprised by Bruce's setlist choices.
This. I think it's logical the opener to be either Ragnarok or Accident Of Birth.

The whole H having any interest in being in the band speculation is total bullshit. If H really wanted to do it he would be in the band, as it could potentially create problems for Maiden if Bruce was to snub H in his solo band. He's not involved because he doesn't want to be.

Tour aside.

I listened to RotG just now with a new perspective. I will be stating the very obvivous, but it hits different when you kind of experience it on your own.
I think I came to the stage where I let go of expectations of heavy, dark and occult, and just enjoy it for what it is. And I must say today I enjoyed it as a super cool rock song with amazing vocals and catchy melodies. So, I think the key now for me is not to expect CW or ToS and take it for what it is. If there are balls to the wall songs on the album, good. If not, I will eventually accept it for what it is and find the beauty (if there is any of course).
Anyway, this has probably been said already but I just felt it for myself.

I think it's rather Adrian is not interested, especially being in Maiden now. He is also probably writing the 2nd SK album. Remember Bruce said in an interview from recent years that Adrian likes more the hard rock stuff than Bruce's heavy and down tuning approach. Expected. Roy's reason must have happened just now (I doubt it's the problem he had during the recordings of the album, the line-up was revealed a while ago; maybe it's something else) and I think his relationship with Bruce will remain the same. I wonder if not having Roy on the tour will reflect for future solo tours. I hope not. It's a massive blow, although Bruce is the main face for the fans. And they can't cancel the tour, not now. I think it will be fine and well received with more or less the random band. But if there are shows next year too (as rumored, by Bruce too), he can participate. The interest to the current tour might drop a little because Roy is an integral part of Bruce's career and sound.

A few days ago Roy shared this photo and I thought this would be the guitar he will be using during the tour (he recorded the new album with a Les Paul iirc). Beautiful silver Les Paul and he looks good on this photo.
View attachment 34188

I can't imagine Dave playing for any band other than Maiden. :) The style is probably not his favorite, but he liked AOB, according to Bruce.
Importantly Roy is a shredder. I’ve never heard Dave shred except for on the Mercenary solo. He almost never shreds & a lot of Bruce’s songs have shredding solos especially Tyranny

i don't wanna claim anything but Roy Z shared two songs on his facebook yesterday. with the message : "i love making music for lord & savior again"
the songs were Rob Rock's Rock the Earth and I'm the Warrior (which they recorded together of course).
Then he deleted these and late at night he shared Rob Rock's You Know song, with a message saying: "This goes to the recipient" (with a punch emoji looking up)
And the lyrics of this song is quite interesting :/ (I'm not posting the lyrics or the screenshots to not to make too much fuzz)
I don't want to overread this thing but really curious about what happened...
Because Bruce and Roy is a treasure. I hope they hit the stage together after this tour... And continue to make beautiful music.

Maybe they've been looking for a second guitar player all along. And because they found two very good ones, Roy decided that his participation is not crucial for a good performance and he rather focuses on his studio work, for he can be replaced on the stage with any great guitarist, but not in his own studio.

Back