Bruce Dickinson

…If Roy can't tour now because of personal reasons we should respect that. It's personal and not ready to be disclosed at this time, if ever….
Then the wording "commitments" would be very unfortunate. I know that it can also refer to other relationships, but it's so common in professional contexts that that's more likely to come to mind.

Hmm, it could mean a guest appearance, or Bruce, Roy and Mistheria. Or The Three Tremors project?

That's an interesting idea. I was only thinking of the three guys in the series who are detectives. :D

Imho, Roy isn't happy with the mixing and mastering of 'The Mandrake Project'. He surely didn't appreciate that it's Brendan Duffey who did his job. Roy Z is a very good producer, the sound on 'Tyranny Of Souls' was perfect. So it was on Judas Priest's 'Angel Of Retribution'. That's why Bruce and him are a little bit disagreeing each other.

Not saying that (assumably) Bruce is the easiest person to work with (or for), but...

We know Roy Z isn't so much into touring . He's had those... potentially drunk ramblings on Facebook every now and then and, correct me if I'm wrong, hasn't been that much out there, like performing publicly etc. for a good while.

We also know that Bruce respects him a lot and has spoken very highly of him very recently as well.

All these things considered, I'm wonder if Roy's physical ability (and maybe mental state as well?) to commit himself to an intense touring for three months was never 100%, even if that surely was what everyone involved wished for, and maybe the possibility that he won't do it was on the table from the start. Who knows what struggles he might have had on his personal life and I'm fairly optimistic that whatever the situation might be, Bruce knew about it.

The press release specifically mentioning other commitments, including the remixes of back catalogue, lends itself to optimistic thinking that even if Roy won't be joining them on stage, he's still very much involved and the working relationship between him and Bruce remains unaffected.

I certainly hope so anyway. For all I know, it could be... for either way.

Last edited:
I think it's rather Adrian is not interested, especially being in Maiden now. He is also probably writing the 2nd SK album.
This is probably true. Playing in Bruce’s band may also seem redundant after returning to Maiden.

Remember Bruce said in an interview from recent years that Adrian likes more the hard rock stuff than Bruce's heavy and down tuning approach
Well, except for both Psycho Motel albums and the Primal Rock Rebellion album, which were all heavy and downtuned…

I do think Adrian’s more into the Smith/Kotzen chemistry right now, though.

I don't see them having a falling out, it's probably something else and to be honest: It's none of our business. I get that it is frustrating, but they have no obligation to give us the details. They informed us and if they want they can elaborate later. If not that's fair as well.

Didn't we get the hint a couple of days ago that Roy has started writing music for the next record already? Can't see them falling out in the span of two (or so days). I'd say we all chill a bit and just wait until we get more information.

i don't wanna claim anything but Roy Z shared two songs on his facebook yesterday. with the message : "i love making music for lord & savior again"
the songs were Rob Rock's Rock the Earth and I'm the Warrior (which they recorded together of course).
Then he deleted these and late at night he shared Rob Rock's You Know song, with a message saying: "This goes to the recipient" (with a punch emoji looking up)
And the lyrics of this song is quite interesting :/ (I'm not posting the lyrics or the screenshots to not to make too much fuzz)
I don't want to overread this thing but really curious about what happened...
Because Bruce and Roy is a treasure. I hope they hit the stage together after this tour... And continue to make beautiful music.

image.gif

This is probably true. Playing in Bruce’s band may also seem redundant after returning to Maiden.

Well, except for both Psycho Motel albums and the Primal Rock Rebellion album, which were all heavy and downtuned…

I do think Adrian’s more into the Smith/Kotzen chemistry right now, though.
He does have a strong liking for Blues/Country rock. More importantly, he loves melodic music & Bruces music isn’t always melodic.

I don't see them having a falling out, it's probably something else and to be honest: It's none of our business. I get that it is frustrating, but they have no obligation to give us the details. They informed us and if they want they can elaborate later. If not that's fair as well.

Didn't we get the hint a couple of days ago that Roy has started writing music for the next record already? Can't see them falling out in the span of two (or so days). I'd say we all chill a bit and just wait until we get more information.
More importantly, wait for that LEAK :D

If there was animosity I don't think Bruce would've praised Roy so much in the press release announcing the new line-up.
Of course he would, even in that particular case. He is a professional businessman who wants to sell the upcoming album, his first one in decades. So I would call it simply unprofessional if he revealed any animosity with Roy to the outside world just a few weeks ahead of the album release. It'd just be not helpful for marketing reasons. One thing is what Bruce speaks, the other thing is what he does. It was always like that, and this whole thing, once again, makes me want to believe nothing ever will change about.

The day we all mistook personal issues for a fallout
Just another when the wild wins blows

Of course he would, even in that particular case. He is a professional businessman who wants to sell the upcoming album, his first one in decades. So I would call it simply unprofessional if he revealed any animosity with Roy to the outside world just a few weeks ahead of the album release. It'd just be not helpful for marketing reasons. One thing is what Bruce speaks, the other thing is what he does. It was always like that, and this whole thing, once again, makes me want to believe nothing ever will change about.
Fair enough, but I think you're reading too much into it.

The downfall with anyone citing "personal commitments" is it gives fans reasons to wildly speculate.

Clearly what happened was Bruce walked in the studio and caught Roy making fun of his comic book and, in a fit of rage, Bruce cut off Roy's right arm and tongue. That is why Roy cannot tour.

Until we hear more from them let's not lose our heads, shall we? Personally the only thing that would upset me is if something happened to cancel the tour, not that I will have a chance to see it.

Leana just commented on Instagram that H is busy with Smith/Kotzen as the reason why he is not touring. So I think that H would be touring with Bruce, if he was free, but is simply prioritizing Smith/Kotzen at the moment which is fair. Also makes sense with Bruce's more extreme comments "H is more into blues rock now...".

Regarding Roy... That remixes reason is a bullshit one IMO. You just don't simply book 4 months of tour, promote it and than decide to be remixing the catalogue at the same time and prefer to do that.

Back