Bruce Dickinson

My bet is that it will be like Judas Priest with Sneap in the band - one guy plays the majority of the leads and the other mostly holds down rhythm. I doubt this means harmonies or solo trade offs especially if Mystheria has already been working on adapting keys parts.
I doubt that. I think Bruce will want to use the 2 guitars - plus the keys for a different texture to the songs.
Well, tbh, I would have prefered to have Adrian Smith and Janick Gers, instead. :ninja:
Awesome, but I don't think the material suits Janick or his preferred style.

And now they suddenly find all this out? Am I supposed to believe that a lot of semi-professional bands are more organized than one Bruce Dickinson and Roy Z?
Maybe he doesnt like touring. They thought that they will be able to convince him and nothing happened.

Or maybe he has some stuff to sort out.

What is Blizzare its that they are talking about two guitarists. One - ok, there is an issue so you must find replacement. But two?

I kinda don't wanna say it, but sitting on it a while I quickly want to come to the conclusion the two guitarists as replacement for one thing isn't a side effect but rather a fully intended consequence of Roy sitting this one out.

How much touring Roy has been usually doing anyway over the past ten years or so..?

I wonder if there's some health or other such factors in the play and for reason or another, three months on the road just seemed like something he can't commit at this point. Weird enough, given that the tour & the line-up was announced a while ago, but yeah, there can be a variety of reasons for this.

On Roy Z’s facebook there are many messages that show his excitement about the tour. The latest one is on 1th of December. Then end of January they started to rehearse the songs (23th of January Tanya shared her mirror with some songs listed). So maybe they saw that it’s not working with one guitar. I don’t know. Let’s wait for the new interviews and maybe Roy z writes about this somewhere.

I really doubt that Roy would miss the tour to write new music. A lot of fans go there to see Bruce & Roy and if 1 half of the band is missing, God knows how it’s gonna turn out. On the bright side, there are two guitarists now.

On one hand it sucks that Roy won't be part of the line-up. On the other hand it's the best possible solution to replace him with two guitarists.

Thankfully Bruce has hinted multiple times that there will be more tours in the future, so there are more chances for Roy to share the stage with Bruce.

Did I mention these in my reviews ? :blink:
No, it's not your fault, haha.

It's in the magazine presentation of the next issue of Rock Hard Germany:

My translation

"The Three??? and the Moonlight Sonata: Half measures are not BRUCE DICKINSON's thing."

I just thought that because I already have read so many interviews and reviews, I knew what it was all about.

There will also be an interview with Roy Z by the way.

It could simply be that they had decided to bring in a second guitarist and then something personal came up to keep Roy in LA. I don't know anything about his personal life but hopefully it's nothing like an illness of a family member. Sounds like there's no rift or major disagreement if he will continue working on the remixes and such.

I hate to mention this, but I did watch an interview with Roy Z from a year ago where he seemed... not quite right. Some commenters speculated that he was drunk or high. Maybe it was something else, and touring is too much for him now. I hope he's okay and that I'm not out of line for mentioning this because I respect him a lot.
He looked quite big in the Graves video. I didn’t think he looked his usual self.

Last edited:
Back