Bruce Dickinson

Bruce's book is very much a "I did this, then I did that, then I went and did this" affair. He shared very little of himself beyond his achievements.

That is true.

I wonder what Steve’s autobiography could be like. We might end up with something like this:

Chapter 1. The Early Days

Some bits about being born in the East End, his formative years, a couple of paragraphs from a Beckett song, and then some footie talk, followed by:

I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham

Woohoo Woohoohoo Woohoohoo

Last edited:

New interview with Bruce. Very informative.

Thank you for sharing this!

I know they haven't rehearsed yet, so there might be some changes to Bruce's initial plans, but a few songs he namedropped made me very, very excited!

Chemical Wedding, well not a surprise, BUT also The Alchemist. I never, ever thought this would happen, but IF it does... I...

YES.

That is true.

I wonder what Steve’s autobiography could be like. We might end up with something like this:

Chapter 1. The Early Days

Some bits about being born in the East End, his formative years, a couple pf paragraphs from a Beckett song, and then some footie talk, followed by:

I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham
I trained for West Ham

Woohoo Woohoohoo Woohoohoo
Excerpt of the secret deleted chapter only available to people who pre-ordered via the fanclub:

1702499175864.png

Thank you for sharing this!

I know they haven't rehearsed yet, so there might be some changes to Bruce's initial plans, but a few songs he namedropped made me very, very excited!

Chemical Wedding, well not a surprise, BUT also The Alchemist. I never, ever thought this would happen, but IF it does... I...

YES.
Did he mention this song? I may have missed it. Anyway, this is a special album closer with a unique vibe that deserves to be played live. There is magic with the keys, so why not. But we have to say that the vocals are tricky vocals for Bruce. With Kill Devil Hill is the same (the outro!), but it seems Bruce's focus is not on TOS, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Did he mention this song? I may have missed it. Anyway, this is a special album closer with a unique vibe that deserves to be played live. There is magic with the keys, so why not. But we have to say that the vocals are tricky vocals for Bruce. With Kill Devil Hill is the same (the outro!), but it seems Bruce's focus is not on TOS, unfortunately.
Bruce did talk about The Alchemist being played live on this tour. Very exciting, its a fantastic song

Bruce did talk about The Alchemist being played live on this tour. Very exciting, its a fantastic song
That's great. How did I miss it..., can you point me where he said that?

On a kind of a related note, the teasing campaign for Maiden's Writing On The Wall was more fitting for a song like it - or Afterglow Of Ragnarok (with the same chorus). The style and the mood. The rock vibe was a bit of a surprise, but it's Maiden, although Bruce solo career is very varied. I like the song a lot, a modern classic for the band.

Which songs has Bruce singed during his spoken tour. Maybe he was practicing songs and we can make a tour setlist prediction based on the songs singed?

Which songs has Bruce singed during his spoken tour. Maybe he was practicing songs and we can make a tour setlist prediction based on the songs singed?
From what I remember he's sung Stranger In A Strange Land, Revelations, The Writing On The Wall, Wasting Love, Jerusalem, Tears Of The Dragon and indeed The Alchemist:

Probably some others as well.

From what I remember he's sung Stranger In A Strange Land, Revelations, The Writing On The Wall, Wasting Love, Jerusalem, Tears Of The Dragon and indeed The Alchemist:

Probably some others as well.

The Alchemist is one of my favorite Bruce's songs, but I have the feeling it is not going to sound good, especially if he insists to sing it all on a high register. It simply isn't pleasant to my ears anymore. On this video, for example, he did not sound good. For me, with the exception of one performance or two, he never sounded good on TWOTW and DOFP, for example.

Also, I am kinda scared about Bruce's performances by the end of 2024 with Maiden. There's no way his voice won't be fired by the end of the tour, unless they choose to tune down, but yes, we had this talk before and it won't happen.

Don't get me wrong - I am pretty sure the first months of his solo tour are going to be amazing, which is why I bought tickets as soon as I could. My issue is that he is too stubborn and refuses to admit that he doesn't sound good anymore on a high register (with some exceptions here and there, particularly on the beginning-middle of tours).

Well, I hope he prooves me wrong and ends 2024 singing like a god.

That's great. How did I miss it..., can you point me where he said that?

On a kind of a related note, the teasing campaign for Maiden's Writing On The Wall was more fitting for a song like it - or Afterglow Of Ragnarok (with the same chorus). The style and the mood. The rock vibe was a bit of a surprise, but it's Maiden, although Bruce solo career is very varied. I like the song a lot, a modern classic for the band.
Oh boy I dont remember exactly. It was on that radio talk on the Swedish radio thing. He talked about the setlist and mentioned songs he wanted to do and Alchemist was one of them

OMG, The Alchemist is one of the very best Bruce's songs. I hope he will release live dvd of this tour.
The Alchemist is brilliant. The reprise at the end makes me want to listen to the whole album again.

It's funny with song titles being the same between Maiden and solo projects, to the point I hear one song and wonder which I prefer, like:

The Alchemist (Dickinson) vs. The Alchemist (Maiden)
Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter (Dickinson) vs. Bring Your Daughter...to the Slaughter (Maiden)
Wicker Man (Dickinson) vs. Wicker Man (Maiden)
Man of Sorrows (Dickinson) vs. Man of Sorrows (Maiden)
Speed of Light (Blaze Bayley) vs. Speed of Light (Maiden)

or bend it a little more...

No Lies (Dickinson) vs. No More Lies (Maiden)

Am I missing any?

I feel Bruce's comments about song selection for upcoming tour are weird. He says he doesn't want to play mid tempo songs, but says he wants to play The Alchemist (which I would say is not even mid tempo, but slow tempo song). Okay, one mid/slow tempo song in the set no problem. But then setlist might also included Chemical Wedding, Jerusalem, Tears of the Dragon, Navigate the Seas of the Sun - all of them mid or even slow tempo songs. But maybe that's what Bruce meant - doesn't want to play lots of mid tempo songs, but wants to play lots of slow tempo songs

The Alchemist was never played live before right? I wonder if it’s going to be part of a medley kind of deal or mixed with Chemical Wedding somehow. I feel they are too similar to fit in the same set.

The songs were just requested by the fans so I doubt it. The songs were (iirc):
Kill Devil Hill
A Tyranny Of Souls
Eternal
Chemical Wedding
Gates Of Urizen
Jerusalem
Trumpets Of Jericho
The Alchemist
Road To Hell
Man Of Sorrows
Omega
Shoot All The Clowns
Tears Of The Dragon
It simply isn't pleasant to my ears anymore. For me, with the exception of one performance or two, he never sounded good on TWOTW and DOFP, for example.

Also, I am kinda scared about Bruce's performances by the end of 2024 with Maiden.
I don't agree with the first statement, but I agree with the second. His solo material is challenging, not that Maiden's is not, but he always performs it.
I feel Bruce's comments about song selection for upcoming tour are weird. He says he doesn't want to play mid tempo songs, but says he wants to play The Alchemist (which I would say is not even mid tempo, but slow tempo song). Okay, one mid/slow tempo song in the set no problem. But then setlist might also included Chemical Wedding, Jerusalem, Tears of the Dragon, Navigate the Seas of the Sun - all of them mid or even slow tempo songs.
Yeah. But he also said that he could rotate a few songs between shows.
The Alchemist was never played live before right? I wonder if it’s going to be part of a medley kind of deal or mixed with Chemical Wedding somehow. I feel they are too similar to fit in the same set.
Maybe not in the same night. I doubt about a medley, has he ever done it before?

Back