Bruce Dickinson

Bruce should be at the top of the bill, regardless of this being his first solo tour in 22 years and given the other bands. But that's not something so important or objective.
Subjective importance plays no role in how the bill is ordered. We love Bruce, he is a legendary vocalist and most of his solo albums are fantastic, but they are barely relevant in 2023. He simply doesn't have the drawing power to be higher in the bill and it would be quite a slap in the face to other bands who work their asses off every year for Bruce to be on top when he hasn't toured in literal decades.

If his normal show length is 110 min, then that wouldn't be cool.
Festivals are their own beast. He probably will only get 45 minutes or 60 at the most. Longer sets are only reserved for headliners.

Yep. Playing festivals will be good for Bruce's band. Big crowds. Maybe if he's on tour in 2025 too, he will do some venues or arenas.
Mostly agree, but arenas would probably not work out. There's no way he will be able to fill them. I think many of us overestimate how popular Bruce and his music are.

Last edited:
Regardless of the quality of Bruce’s solo material (The Chemical Wedding is one of the best things he has ever done, Maiden classic albums included), we have to bear in mind that his solo career was severely disrupted when he re-joined Maiden just when it was finally starting to take off (no pun intended).

@matic22 hits the nail right on the head when mentioning the lack of continuity of Bruce’s solo career. What has he done as a solo artist since reuniting with Maiden? A Best Of release with 2 new songs in 2001 trying to capitalise on the renewed interest in him, followed by a short solo festival tour in 2002, and then a solo album released with very little promotion in 2005.

18 years later most people know him as Iron Maiden’s frontman and might not even be aware that he was a solo artist at some point. Hardly an arena headliner as a solo artist if you ask me (things are different when he works in Steve’s band :D).

As a swede I am so disappointed hearing about Sweden Rock Festival
Missed the only Maiden gig in Sweden this year because they only played Sweden Rock. And now Bruce is about to do the same thing next year? I really hope he will do some solo gigs.
Sure the line up is usually great, but especially not everyone can afford the cost and time. Sweden Rock is also geographically very remote and very far off from the two major cities in Sweden

My hype level daily is going to be insane until the album comes out! Why oh why do we have to get new album announcements so far ahead of time these days? 2-3 months out was bad enough. :lol: At least there's a good chance we'll hear new music sooner than later.

Also, I'm surprised to see Bruce billed that low down in Hell Fest. I would think his name alone would be enough to put him in the higher section. I wonder how many Maiden fans are out there who still aren't aware of his solo stuff. If I were Bruce, would have been promoting the hell out of it over the years so as many people as possible hear it. That would be amazing if TMP ends up being just so amazing that completely explodes and goes insanely viral. One can dream I guess. Oh well. Can't wait so so so much to hear it!!!

Also, I'm surprised to see Bruce billed that low down in Hell Fest. I would think his name alone would be enough to put him in the higher section. I wonder how many Maiden fans are out there who still aren't aware of his solo stuff.
Think of it this way. The people who are going to Hellfest solely for Bruce make up a small portion of fans of Bruce's solo work. The fans of Bruce's solo work make up a small portion of people who have listened to Bruce's solo work. The people who have listened to Bruce's solo work are hardcore fans of Iron Maiden. The hardcore fans of Iron Maiden make up a small portion to the fans of Iron Maiden. The fans of Iron Maiden make up a small portion of the people who go to Iron Maiden concerts. The people who go to Iron Maiden concerts make up a small portion of the people who have heard at least one Iron Maiden song and liked it. The people who have heard at least one Iron Maiden song and liked it make up a small portion of the people who have heard at least one Iron Maiden song. The people who have heard at least one Iron Maiden song make up a small portion of the people who have heard of Iron Maiden. The people who have heard of Iron Maiden make up a small portion of the people who are into some form of metal. The people who are into some form of metal make up a small portion of the people who have listened to metal and liked it. The people who have listened to metal and liked it make up a small portion of the people who have listened to metal. The people who have listened to metal make up a small portion of the people who listen to music. The people who listen to music make up a rather large portion of the people who live on planet Earth. But the people on planet Earth make up an infinitesimally small portion of the universe as a whole. Do you kinda see why Bruce Dickinson wouldn't be so high on the bill now?

A swede is a British term for a root vegetable, hence the reference to parsnips (another type of root vegetable). A Swede is a native or inhabitant of Sweden. :)

Just me being my usual silly self.
What a coincidence, as the Swedish term for "British" is vegetable.

Heh. heh.

Ok, I should probably turn "Life of Brian" off, it's having unexpected side effects.

(Waiting patiently for a "yank" pun...)
We're living in it.
:D

Sorry, best I could do was a really shitty joke regarding the state of our world and how it's molded after US post WW2 influence, not a pun. But it's something, at least.

Going back to little Brucey's festival tour, I would not be surprised if he plays at this one:

Another possibility is this one:

Going back to little Brucey's festival tour, I would not be surprised if he plays at this one:

Another possibility is this one:

I think the last time he toured solo in Spain he played in a Festival in Madrid in 1998

I think the last time he toured solo in Spain he played in a Festival in Madrid in 1998

He did play at the Rock in Madrid festival in 1997 (I was there!), but also played in Madrid, Bergara and Barcelona in 1998 on The Chemical Wedding tour (I am still gutted I missed that one), and the Rock Machina festival in the South of Spain in 2002.

Edit: I have just remembered that in late 1997 he played some gigs in Spain supporting Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Last edited:
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on little Brucey being part of the first batch of bands to be announced for Download Festival on 7th November:

On a related note, I find it frankly ridiculous when festivals announce they are going to make an announcement!

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on little Brucey being part of the first batch of bands to be announced for Download Festival on 7th November:

On a related note, I find it frankly ridiculous when festivals announce they are going to make an announcement!
Announcement of announcement of the announcement of announcement.

J
url

A Yank-Swede and early pioneer of duck faces.

yngwie-malmsteen-bok-av-anders-tengner.jpg

Back