Bruce Dickinson

That's nothing.

The fact that some footage even exists is remarkable. The gig happened in the middle of a siege...

Bruce and Maiden use the same tactics: say/do zero about/with albums that were not successful. The lyrical connection is good at least.

The songs from that era are heavily featured in the film, with Change of Heart opening the film, Tears of the Dragon at different points, and several others being featured, including the live footage. That amounts hardly to ignoring the music from that period if you ask me.

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased Soloworks or the re-released albums separately? If so, what are your thoughts on it / them?
I've bought the whole box... but I'm not really interested in comparing original soundscapes to reeditions, I am just glad that it is a nice object with great songs in it. :) The only disappointing thing is that there is the same bio printed on each inner sleeve, not one related to the period of the album only.

Has anyone purchased Soloworks or the re-released albums separately? If so, what are your thoughts on it / them?

I picked up Chemical Wedding and ToS ... I thought they both sounded good. I already had his other solo stuff on vinyl, so I really cannot compare new vinyl releases to old releases

If he's been laying drum tracks in the very recent past, then we should possibly see an album by the end of the year. I wonder if he'll tour it.

If he's been laying drum tracks in the very recent past, then we should possibly see an album by the end of the year. I wonder if he'll tour it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a 2018 release, but I do not think he would be touring to support the album (the same way as he did not tour with Tyranny of Souls).

What sort of venues did he play in the 90s when he wasn't in Iron Maiden?
Clubs, mostly. In terms of attendance, Bruce's all time highs were a bit like Maiden's all time lows (i.e The X Factour in the USA). He did have nice spots in festival during his 2002 summer tour though.

I would love to see a Bruce solo tour, it has been way too long (last one I saw was Chemical Wedding tour) ... so many good songs that should be played.

I have the solo works box. Like Black Bart mentioned, its lame that they recycled the same inner sleeves, but other than that I’m pretty happy with the set. The pressings are pretty good quality and the packaging was nicely done, even if I disagreed with some of the design choices. I also liked that everything was a gatefold, even the single LPs.

Compared to the CDs, Accident of Birth is probably the most essential. Tattooed Millionaire is also good if you’ve only heard the remastered CDs (which are horribly brickwalled). Other than that I’d say it’s mostly something for the hardcore fans.

Back