Bruce Dickinson

Yeah it's clear to me that the total is greater than the sum of the parts ,it's the main reason Iron Maiden is so great band. It's not what struck me on this forum. but the believe of some people that Bruce lacks the ability to write great music something that personally i find to be ridiculous . Some even sugest that Bruce stole the work of someone else , grabbed the money and ran away. Weird.
It just seems to me that such people in general don't like Bruce. They come to any thread and start talking about how great DiAnno or Blaze are, greater than Bruce. How great Roy is, and Bruce is nothing compared to Roy. How great Samson were, and Bruce being a jerk to leave them or not speak highly of them...
Let's tell the truth: in Russia we call it Brucefobia. Yeah, there is a metal term here :D

Some of this Brucephilia is over the top and needs some opposition. Bruce fanatics should learn to look at Bruce with less bias.

Empire of the Clouds is a great song. If Bruce can do a whole album, completely written by himself, better than Accident of Birth, now that would be something would it? Who knows in 2024? For now he is solely focused on business, beer, book and whatever else he does in his non-Maiden time.

Roy Z never wrote a great song on his own? We can also say that he wrote some of his greatest music for Bruce. Perhaps some of it was completely done alone. Perhaps Roy Z does not want to write a whole album for himself. Perhaps he is waiting again, keeping his best ideas for a certain man. Waiting, waiting for Bruce.

Some of this Brucephilia is over the top and needs some opposition. Bruce fanatics should learn to look at Bruce with less bias.

Empire of the Clouds is a great song. If Bruce can do a whole album, completely written by himself, better than Accident of Birth, now that would be something would it? Who knows in 2024? For now he is solely focused on business, beer, book and whatever else he does in his non-Maiden time.

Roy Z never wrote a great song on his own? We can also say that he wrote some of his greatest music for Bruce. Perhaps some of it was completely done alone. Perhaps Roy Z does not want to write a whole album for himself. Perhaps he is waiting again, keeping his best ideas for a certain man. Waiting, waiting for Bruce.
Only for Bruce? Why not for JP or Roy? Doesn't that sound strange to you?
IMHO, Roy helped Bruce with the orchestration and sound, but I'm not sure he wrote melodies or lyrics. Songs like Powerslave, Revelations, etc prove that, whereas we know nothing about Roy's songs written solely by him. Thus it's very strange to think his contribution to Bruce's stuff was more than it's pronounced by Bruce.
You tend not to trust Bruce, when he says he wrote IESF all by himself, but you somehow trust your own fantasies based on nothing.

Perhaps ? that's all ? Btw i'm a part time journalist but now i'm thinking that perhaps i'm a new Dostoyevsky and perhaps i'm waiting for the Messiah to come before i spread the news to the masses.
It's laughable

Last edited:
Only for Bruce? Why not for JP or Roy? Doesn't that sound strange to you?
IMHO, Roy helped Bruce with the orchestration and sound, but I'm not sure he wrote melodies or lyrics. Songs like Powerslave, Revelations, etc prove that, whereas we know nothing about Roy's songs written solely by him. Thus it's very strange to think his contribution to Bruce's stuff was more than it's pronounced by Bruce.
You tend not to trust Bruce, when he says he wrote IESF all by himself, but you somehow trust your own fantasies based on nothing.

Totally agreed, but i thinks it's time to stop. Reasoning doesn't work in some cases.

Back