Bruce Dickinson

Haven't followed this discussion much in recent times, so just a short question: The setlist still does rotate quite a lot, is that right? So what I think would be great was a "super"-live album as a cut-together with quite everything being played on this tour. Such kind of album would be far longer than the length of a single show, but everything would be documented. And I think the timing would be perfect. Who knows when (if ever at all) a future Bruce solo tour would come to happen, and yet he seems to be in top shape in terms of his voice. When hearing the Wolverhampton bootleg of All The Young Dudes my first thought was: The world needs all this as an official and good quality live release. What a waste if these jewels would remain undocumented.

As mentioned before, I read in here only particularly these days due to a terrible lacking in time and too much work to do atm, but I was wondering about some rare songs that might have been part of the set. Taking The Queen or Man Of Sorrows been played? Did Navigate return? What about Kill Devil Hill? Tyranny Of Souls?
Thanks for updating me on that.

Cheers & best wishes,
Dick

Just some more informations from Var Matin, the the morning newspaper from south-eastern France : Steve Harris and Janick Gers were at Bruce Dickinson's wedding celebration even if there was no picture of them. Only Dave Murray was not there. :)

I think there was more than a wedding celebration. They were there also to have a talk about the new Maiden album and about 50th anniversary celebrations of the band. ;)

Yes, of course. ;)
I guess @Azas was at the wedding celebration as AI manager or something.

As mentioned before, I read in here only particularly these days due to a terrible lacking in time and too much work to do atm, but I was wondering about some rare songs that might have been part of the set. Taking The Queen or Man Of Sorrows been played? Did Navigate return? What about Kill Devil Hill? Tyranny Of Souls?
Thanks for updating me on that.
Navigate is part of the main setlist, none of the other songs have been played.

The rotation songs are Laughing in the Hiding Bush, Starchildren, Road to Hell, Gates of Urizen, Jerusalem and Gods of War. Gods of War hasn't been played since Brazil.

All the Young Dudes and Faith were only played in Wolverhampton.

Hello,

The show was very good. He had a cold, but honestly, apart some songs (Chorus of Darkside and Tears, and Book of Thel sing in a lower key), Bruce was very good and pro
It's quite nice to read that you've had a good time in Paris yesterday, @Gd78. :) It's important for me for people to have fun where I can't be and have also fun for me. ;) You had fun and that's great, so I had fun too. :rocker:

If most of the songs sounded profesional and great, that's perfect !! :ok:

New interview by Bruce Dickinson for Ouest France. :)

Great concert tonight in Paris, Bruce has a bad flu though and therefore apologies twice during the show. This band is great. He didn't mention maiden but asked the audience whether he should come back to the Zenith (a much bigger venue in Paris) or do two Olympia next time.
I'm afraid this is more common, Bruce being sick, now that his immune system is shot because of the chemo.

Read on another group from someone at the show, he saw Steve Harris and Rod there too.
Just some more informations from Var Matin, the the morning newspaper from south-eastern France : Steve Harris and Janick Gers were at Bruce Dickinson's wedding celebration even if there was no picture of them. Only Dave Murray was not there. :)
I think there was more than a wedding celebration. They were there also to have a talk about the new Maiden album and about 50th anniversary celebrations of the band. ;)
There's something more to this. Bruce also said he would meet with Steve this week. It's probably about the next year's plans among other things, but why not for a new album as well, we know they like to make plans in advance. And they have until 2026.
Navigate is part of the main setlist, none of the other songs have been played.

The rotation songs are Laughing in the Hiding Bush, Starchildren, Road to Hell, Gates of Urizen, Jerusalem and Gods of War. Gods of War hasn't been played since Brazil.

All the Young Dudes and Faith were only played in Wolverhampton.
Jerusalem is moving ahead from the rotation list.

Through the course of this tour (and next year) or for the next solo tour, I think Bruce will play:
Kill Devil Hill
A Tyranny Of Souls (or/and Soul Intruders... or River Of No Return/Power Of The Sun)
Back From The Edge
Innerspace and/or Strange Death In Paradise (Bruce loves it).
Taking The Queen and/or The Magician
Tattooed Millionaire
Born In '58
Shadow Of The Gods(!)

... maybe Sonata (and another one from TMP - Eternity?), Omega (since he played Alchemist), MOS... I doubt he's following the results of his Instagram polls since he played Faith first. Not to mention ''All The Young Dudes''.

It's quite nice to read that you've had a good time in Paris yesterday, @Gd78. :) It's important for me for people to have fun where I can't be and have also fun for me. ;) You had fun and that's great, so I had fun too. :rocker:

If most of the songs sounded profesional and great, that's perfect !! :ok:

New interview by Bruce Dickinson for Ouest France. :)

When he says to get into the stage and feel the feedback of the crowd and it's a great feeling. This reminded me when he get into the stage on Rock and Ring during Maiden England Tour and start to sing Moonchild in front of that crowd. You can't see Bruce's face smiling… :cool:

Thanks for sharing one more time :)

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away

...Huh, why that public square's concrete approaching so fast at me?
Thud!
:)

Honestly other than having to change the high notes at end of each chorus that sounds fine to me. To sound that good when you have a cold is really impressive.

I was in the seats and you could see him blow his nose every chance he got

Back