Bruce Dickinson

What, because women are simple creatures who can only be put to rout with complicated pieces of music that are long? Impossible that they could enjoy that!
I'm also starting to fear the "feminist lyrics" of "Sonata". :D

Totally agree. He is extraordinary on his new album.
Do you know what was recorded recently compared to in 2014 or another time? Seems difficult to gauge the quality of Bruce's current voice from this album considering how far back the material spans unless it is clear what was recorded when.

Do you know what was recorded recently compared to in 2014 or another time? Seems difficult to gauge the quality of Bruce's current voice from this album considering how far back the material spans unless it is clear what was recorded when.
Not for now, I'm still analyzing the songs and trying to find some differences between Bruce's voice in 2014 and more recently.

Yeah, only about 5 of the 10 songs have any business being on that list, and there are a number of brutally obvious omissions, too. Though I give them half a point for putting “Machine Men” on there as a dark horse…

I mean, Afterglow of Ragnarok???? Is the journalist on Rod Smallwood’s payroll??

Thanks. I mean, it's probably going to be somewhat obvious unless he really brought the goods in recent recording sessions. He was sounding really good in 2014 (as we know from the Book of Souls album and the 2016 tour), but he has been iffy on Senjutsu and the touring around that time.

You'll change your mind on this when you'll listen to the new album on March 1st. ;)
Uh, no I won't because I know what I like and what I don't like. I'm not talking about individual performances. I'm talking about his timbre in general. I'm pretty picky with vocals and have stated often enough that I'm not a big fan of Bruce's early 80's performances either, for example.

I get that you loved the new album and I appreciate your efforts to get us excited, but this is an instance where this doesn't work because it's not really relevant. Just go through the LOTB 2022 and TFP threads where people were loving Bruce's perfomances and you'll see more than enough of my comments where I wasn't a fan, because I don't like his highest register that much :)

He said there are vocals from 2014, from the 90's (Sonata) and from 2022 - when he recorded all the vocals before Maiden's tour. There was a photo. I think you can tell the difference from the lower register. Not so much from the high vocals. The vocals on the album are praised a lot.
High register? Absolutely not.
I beg to differ.
I think he peaked out on AMOLAD
2011 tour?

Dave and Tanya are preparing for the tour.

It seems he chose his drum kit - and looking at it, I know you can't tell @TheMercenary , but was Dave's double bass pedal used on the album for some songs? I guess for the faster songs. Are there several of them?

Tanya: ''Wow... do we have a face melter of a setlist coming together for this tour. Let’s just say, heavy riffs and rock n roll is alive and well with lots of Drop D’s and Low B’s''. Some potential setlist hints? I feel they will mainly play the songs without 2 solos and without Adrian's solos.

Back