Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Sonata may be the most experimental song but it may slightly echo The Alchemist and Kill Devil Hill ambiency of some parts. Given that Bruce nowadays seems to acknowledge The Alchemist :scared:
If those songs will be good/great we will pi*** ourselves like elves of Santa.
Sonata (Immortal Beloved)
Resurrection Men
Shadow of the Gods
Eternity Has Failed
Fingers in the Wounds
Mistress of Mercy

I'm curious whether somewhat less enthusiastic reviews will also be posted. You would actually have to do that, because if you only pick out the very good ones, that makes it look pretty stupid and easy to see through.
That's why I always find posting stuff like that about your own band problematic.

Must be something very special to justify an entrance fee. Will Bruce sing his every fan interaction rather than curtly speak? Will there be a few acoustic tunes (this is a valid question)? Will Gordon Ramsey be providing appetizers?

I guess it's just a ticket to get your album signed, and that's it.

1706534154073.png

It seems that you need to pre-order any of the different releases with HMV to gain entry to the album signings.

Wow, this is an exciting review. Transcends music!

I like what I read about Sonata's ending. One of his best songs! Bring it on! The song is from the 90's after all. It will have a simple but effective chorus - like in Rain I guess.
Many Doors To Hell, excellent, Mistress Of Mercy (finally, info; melodic interlude? great), Maiden vibe(!), Fingers In The Wounds, short and rich, Shadow Of The Gods, Bruce on fire... everything sounds really great and promising.

The most curious songs are Sonata, Resurrection Men (surprising, again), Shadow and Mistress.

Wow, this is an exciting review. Transcends music!

I like what I read about Sonata's ending. One of his best songs! Bring it on! The song is from the 90's after all. It will have a simple but effective chorus - like in Rain I guess.
Many Doors To Hell, excellent, Mistress Of Mercy (finally, info; melodic interlude? great), Maiden vibe(!), Fingers In The Wounds, short and rich, Shadow Of The Gods, Bruce on fire... everything sounds really great and promising.

The most curious songs are Sonata, Resurrection Men (surprising, again), Shadow and Mistress.
Expectations toned down post Rain release. Will only wait n hear now.

agree and he probably wants a different experience (stage) than with Maiden. He will compensate with the big screen it seems. Curiously, he's a big fan of theatrics and stuff, but none of his solo stage shows were anywhere near that or cool looking.
I think there will be no screen on stage. Bruce mentioned 60's or 70's style... Me thinks, show will be bare to the bones.

I'm curious whether somewhat less enthusiastic reviews will also be posted. You would actually have to do that, because if you only pick out the very good ones, that makes it look pretty stupid and easy to see through.
That's why I always find posting stuff like that about your own band problematic.
Dude 9.5 is massive. After hearing Rain, I’m beginning to believe this review was fudged

What worries me is there is nothing about fast songs.
I think the potential faster songs could be - Many Doors, Resurrection Men, Fingers In The Wounds (I really hope it's the new Power Of The Sun) and Mistress. Shadow Of The Gods will probably be a mix of faster and slower parts.

I thought Face In The Mirror was going to be a fast rocker, but it will be a ballad (hopefully a memorable one, like ALL of Bruce's ballads). In one of his first interviews, Bruce said that he didn't want to fill the album with a 5-minute ballad just for the sake of it, and he wrote one anyway.
Sonata may be the most experimental song but it may slightly echo The Alchemist and Kill Devil Hill ambiency of some parts. Given that Bruce nowadays seems to acknowledge The Alchemist.
I really hope so for a similar outro like Alchemist or Kill Devil Hill.
If those songs will be good/great we will pi*** ourselves like elves of Santa.
Sonata (Immortal Beloved)
Resurrection Men
Shadow of the Gods
Eternity Has Failed
Fingers in the Wounds
Mistress of Mercy
We know (more or less) Eternity Has Failed, but I expect all these songs to be good/great/strong. The first three were always part of the best songs listed by interviewers. Add to that the potentially usual strong ballad of Face In The Mirror and the catchy rock of Many Doors - and you have an album with only 1 weak song! I really hope so.
I think there will be no screen on stage. Bruce mentioned 60's or 70's style... Me thinks, show will be bare to the bones.
Bruce said he will use a screen, unless he changed his plan. Maybe the stage won't have any decor, which would be lame. With screen would be cool. Time for something noticeably stage-wise, Bruce.

That review is part of the hype machine and marketing cycle. I'm not doubting that there will be great songs on the album, but to point at this review and go "see! it's amazing" is quite silly. We've heard AOR and ROTG already and there are plenty of us who didn't like the latter. Futhermore some of the stuff the review mentions and highlights isn't stuff I care for. If I wanna hear Scorpions I'll listen to the Scorpions. I don't need Bruce doing his imitation of various 70's rock bands.

That said, I love how the review praises Sonata "with a chorus whose simplicity is a triumph thanks to an emotive interpretation by Dickinson"... Or in other words "prepare for a shit ton of repetition" :D

That said, I love how the review praises Sonata "with a chorus whose simplicity is a triumph thanks to an emotive interpretation by Dickinson"... Or in other words "prepare for a shit ton of repetition" :D

I'm going to steal that: I'm so simple and stupid that it's a real triumph! :okok:

Well, I'm in the same mood as Maiden fans who couldn't forget Bruce when Blaze became a member of the band in 1994 : I can forget the trio of great records Bruce has done in 1997, 1998 and 2005. When I've listened to "Afterglow Of Ragnarok", then after "Rain On The Graves", I had the impression of basic Bruce's work being similar to Maiden's basic work on 'No Prayer For The Dying'. After three masterpieces, Bruce is going back to something less heavy and that is what really annoys me. Bruce really shines on heavier songs like "Darkside Of Aquarius", "Killing Floor" and "Abduction", for example. Well, okay, Bruce is really great on "Empire Of The Clouds" or "Lost In A Lost World". But, I'm quite afraid to be disappointed by the new record when I'll listen to it the day it will be released (if I don't have the chance to listen to it before via promotional mp3).

Everyone has it's own taste. I understand that for some it may be hard to believe that someone scored this album as 9.5/10 and yet - for some ToS is great album while for me it's boring AF and nowhere near TCW or Skunkworks. Opinions, right? :-)

Back