Bruce Dickinson

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
At the end of Bruce Dickinson's song, there is one... At least on my exemplary of the record on which this track lies.
There's not. The song has an actual ending. The volume decreases because most instruments can't sustain a chord or a note forever. A fade-out is like Stranger In A Strange Land, where the entire band keeps playing but the volume is automated to decrease until it hits 0.

Bruce's response to a fan's question about Adrian and why he wasn't on the album (and tour).

''Adrian is in Maiden now and he hasn't written any new material. On the previous albums he's been on, he's only contributed solos''.

Bruce re-writing history. What a load of bollocks!

''I want to stop with the traditional two-guitar Heavy Metal formation. In fact, the type of show we will present will be more inspired by the 70s, not even the 80s or 90s. There won't be a big stage production. This tour is all about music, so let's play smaller venues averaging around 2,000 seats''.

:lol:

He is playing venues the size he can headline, not smaller venues because "this tour is all about music".

Last edited:
Rain On The Graves indeed has a Confeos vibe - one of the bonus songs for TCW album.

Btw, Roy really should have used that great solo for a different (and album) song. It's too good.
Thanks and I can't believe I am hearing something Bruce had released long ago, for the first time, fucking today.
If you have a list of like, hidden gems, that I might have missed, could you post it?

Thanks and I can't believe I am hearing something Bruce had released long ago, for the first time, fucking today.
If you have a list of like, hidden gems, that I might have missed, could you post it?

Return of the King and Real World are also bonus tracks on that album, so you may have missed those. Return of the King in particular is a a great song!

Return of the King is a Legend. A Myth. One of the very best Bruce's solo songs. Written by Adrian and Bruce! And now Bruce says that Adrian did not write anything apart solos. Infidel! Heretic! Blasphemer!

He's got a good list of B-sides that don't get a lot of attention. My list of ones to check out would be as follows:
Tattooed Millionaire: "Darkness Be My Friend," maybe "Ballad of Mutt" if you want a giggle. I prefer the live version of that one.
Balls to Picasso (i.e. songs from his two shelved attempts at a second solo album): "Fire Child," "The Breeding House," "No Way Out...to be Continued," and "No Way Out...Continued." And maybe the original 8 minute version of "Tears of the Dragon" for historical purposes.
Skunkworks: "Armchair Hero," "God's Not Coming Back," then some folksy stuff with "Re-Entry," and hilarious stuff with "Americans are Behind," and "I'm in a Band with an Italian Drummer."
Accident of Birth: "Wicker Man," which was written and partially recorded during the AoB sessions, but released later on the Best Of.
Chemical Wedding: "Confeos," "Return of the King," and "Eternal," which is a bit Pink Floyd-y. "Real World" is good, but the vocals are a tad higher due to a mixing error, I believe it was.

He's got a good list of B-sides that don't get a lot of attention. My list of ones to check out would be as follows:
Tattooed Millionaire: "Darkness Be My Friend," maybe "Ballad of Mutt" if you want a giggle. I prefer the live version of that one.
Balls to Picasso (i.e. songs from his two shelved attempts at a second solo album): "Fire Child," "The Breeding House," "No Way Out...to be Continued," and "No Way Out...Continued." And maybe the original 8 minute version of "Tears of the Dragon" for historical purposes.
Skunkworks: "Armchair Hero," "God's Not Coming Back," then some folksy stuff with "Re-Entry," and hilarious stuff with "Americans are Behind," and "I'm in a Band with an Italian Drummer."
Accident of Birth: "Wicker Man," which was written and partially recorded during the AoB sessions, but released later on the Best Of.
Chemical Wedding: "Confeos," "Return of the King," and "Eternal," which is a bit Pink Floyd-y. "Real World" is good, but the vocals are a tad higher due to a mixing error, I believe it was.
You missed Acoustic Song my friend.

Last edited:
Return of the King is a Legend. A Myth. One of the very best Bruce's solo songs. Written by Adrian and Bruce! And now Bruce says that Adrian did not write anything apart solos. Infidel! Heretic! Blasphemer!
You forgot Judas :D . But anyways even if you write a solo, you still get credited as a writer. Now we don’t know at a granular level exactly who wrote what.

Bruce re-writing history. What a load of bollocks!

:lol:

He is playing venues the size he can headline, not smaller venues because this tour is all about music.
From what I’ve heard from a friend, he’s charging massively for his shows. Think he’s charging even more than Judas Priest.

Roy seems to have lost his touch completely in the 20-year interim between ToS and Mandrake.
Let's wait for the whole album, but I agree in some way that one would expect more from Roy in these 2 songs.
He's testing waters. There won't be a big stage production. He's saving money...
I agree and he probably wants a different experience (stage) than with Maiden. He will compensate with the big screen it seems. Curiously, he's a big fan of theatrics and stuff, but none of his solo stage shows were anywhere near that or cool looking.
My favorites are: The Breeding House, Winds Of Change, Armchair Hero, The Ghost Of Cain, Wicker Man, Return Of The King, Real World, Broken, Silver Wings, Acoustic Song, Eternal. A whole album worth of material!

From what I’ve heard from a friend, he’s charging massively for his shows. Think he’s charging even more than Judas Priest.

He is charging more than £50 for the London show. It is less than what Judas Priest are charging, but the latter are touring with Saxon and Uriah Heep!

The Smith/Kotzen ticket in 2022 was £32.95!

Stop press!!!

Straight from the latest The Mandrake Project promotional e-mail:

HMV Signings

Bruce will be doing some in-store signings around the album release date:

Tickets go on-sale around 1pm TODAY from HMV.com.

200w.gif

Must be something very special to justify an entrance fee. Will Bruce sing his every fan interaction rather than curtly speak? Will there be a few acoustic tunes (this is a valid question)? Will Gordon Ramsey be providing appetizers?

I guess it's just a ticket to get your album signed, and that's it.

Back