Bruce Dickinson

What is this bizarre thing? :lol:

Bruce’s hairstyle? A way to hide the bald spot (I think).

I mean, Rob Halford’s bleached ponytail in 1986 had more hairs in it than the ridiculous bun Bruce is sporting these days.

You don’t need a teleprompter to be bald!

Last edited:
After moaning about Bruce recently, I thought I should put a nice post. I used this video earlier to explain to my wife why Bruce will always be on another level to many other metal singers. The other lad, although a good singer, represents a certain type of metal singer that lacks power and character. When Bruce comes in, it’s like watching Federer play tennis at a local tennis club. No comparison and on a completely different level.

After moaning about Bruce recently, I thought I should put a nice post. I used this video earlier to explain to my wife why Bruce will always be on another level to many other metal singers. The other lad, although a good singer, represents a certain type of metal singer that lacks power and character. When Bruce comes in, it’s like watching Federer play tennis at a local tennis club. No comparison and on a completely different level.

Bruce at his prime was on a completely different level to most metal singers.

Both Beast In The Light and Tears Of The Kingdom Dragon from the Tribuzy performance are legendary. The other singer has a fantastic sound when he goes for distortion, but I really can't get into his clean singing.

Last edited:
Wasn't Dio supposed to be apart of it at some point?

Also wouldn't surprise me if the success of Rob being back in Priest, and Bruce being back in Maiden put the brakes on it.

Bruce mentions Dio in his autobiography, but I would take that information with a pinch of salt. Tate, Halford, and Dickinson even did a promotional photo shoot for the project (Trinity).

I wonder if that is not the real reason why the Three Tremors project failed to materialise.
LOL. No one can agree on this — Bruce had a couple of different stories, and Geoff’s recollection of the genesis of the thing is totally different from Bruce’s, too.

And, of course, there were Trinity and The Three Tremors projects involving Ripper Owens…(ugh)

I actually posted about this recently on the Strange Death forum, if anyone is interested in a summary of its history.

Both Beast In The Light and Tears Of The Kingdom from the Tribuzy performance are legendary. The other singer has a fantastic sound when he goes for distortion, but I really can't get into his clean singing.

Tears of the Kingdom sounds like an Edguy song title! :lol:

LOL. No one can agree on this — Bruce had a couple of different stories, and Geoff’s recollection of the genesis of the thing is totally different from Bruce’s, too.

And, of course, there were Trinity and The Three Tremors projects involving Ripper Owens…(ugh)

I actually posted about this recently on the Strange Death forum, if anyone is interested in a summary of its history.

Thanks for that!

I need to find the time to register on your forum and start contributing like I did in the mid-90s. :)

• Love
Reactions: Jer
Tears of the Kingdom sounds like an Edguy song title! :lol:
Bloody hell, it should've been Tears Of The Dragon lol :facepalm:

Tears Of The Kingdom is the latest Zelda game (which according to some rumours was almost called Tears Of The Dragon, but was changed) :lol:

What a great vocal performance of FOTD by Bruce. Strange band haha.
Bruce will always be on another level to many other metal singers.
Bruce at his prime was on a completely different level to most metal singers.
^This.
Wasn't Dio supposed to be apart of it at some point?

Also wouldn't surprise me if the success of Rob being back in Priest, and Bruce being back in Maiden put the brakes on it.
I think those were the main reasons.
Tate in his prime wiped the floor with Bruce.
Big disagree, with all due respect.

Tate from 86 to 91 was maybe the best metal singer on the planet imo, but no one has ever wiped the floor with Bruce in his prime.
That would be Eric Adams for me. One of the greatest voices in the business and the most impressive thing is how well he has aged. There's not a single other vocalist whose voice aged as fine as his did.

Unfortunately all that talent was wasted on Manowar of all things :facepalm:

Bruce mentions Dio in his autobiography, but I would take that information with a pinch of salt. Tate, Halford, and Dickinson even did a promotional photo shoot for the project (Trinity).
I'm actually willing to believe him on that since IIRC the story as he relayed it was that Dio's manager was someone Rod Smallwood did absolutely not want to deal with, which is something that I've heard from other sources. So they went to Geoff Tate as a replacement without even asking Dio.

Back