Bruce Dickinson

The thing is that with his excesses on Facebook, Roy doesn't help this project. Everything Maiden or Maiden-related goes through Rod and things like self-praising your work on social media over Maiden doesn't go well with the Yorkshireman IMO.

That said, hopefully, we hear something ASAP.

I think 17 songs are too many for an album. If they have a 17 songs ready, 2021 could be the year of release.

So many years without solo album from Bruce.... I will be over the moon if the album has 17 songs. But 14 songs will be not bad, too. Actually during the 80's 17 songs would have been two albums - Even now, if he write 3 more songs.

I doubt that we will see a Maiden album and a Bruce one in a same year (2020), but it would be perfect if Maiden releases their after the current tour is over (December 2019) and Bruce to release his in March 2020 or after the 1st leg of Maiden album tour is over.

So many years without solo album from Bruce.... I will be over the moon if the album has 17 songs. But 14 songs will be not bad, too. Actually during the 80's 17 songs would have been two albums - Even now, if he write 3 more songs.

I doubt that we will see a Maiden album and a Bruce one in a same year (2020), but it would be perfect if Maiden releases their after the current tour is over (December 2019) and Bruce to release his in March 2020 or after the 1st leg of Maiden album tour is over.
Roy likes this! xd

Nah, Bruce never writes so long songs for his solo albums... :p
It's been so long, who knows what he might do?

17 songs at this stage doesn't mean 17 make the album. It could, certainly, but I'd say it's highly unlikely. Besides, the album needs to see light of day, and it doesn't feel imminent at this point.

Yeah, it's not like anyone expected Bruce to write a 18-minute album closer with a piano parts played by him for a Maiden album.

Assuming that there won't be that many new beers or book shows later this year, after the tour, I wonder if he'd finally have some time to complete the album... I mean, the new Maiden album cycle is getting closer and closer and I doubt he'd release a solo album during that period either, so I hope it's before it rather than after. But then again, don't we all.

Last edited:
It isn’t abnormal for bands to write and even record more songs than what end up on the album. That’s how you get bonus tracks and such.

Yeah, it's not like anyone expected Bruce to write a 18-minute album closer with a piano parts played by him for a Maiden album.

Assuming that there won't be that many new beers or book shows later this year, after the tour, I wonder if he'd finally have some time to complete the album... I mean, the new Maiden album cycle is getting closer and closer and I doubt he'd release a solo album during that preiod either, so I hope it's before it rather than after. But then again, don't we all.
Yep. I agree with you. We don't know if these 17 songs are completed, I mean, just the music, just the lyrics or both. Because at the end of this Maiden's Tourit will be a gap where Steve's British Lion will release their album and could be the right time that Bruce and Adrian will release their solo stuff before Maiden's new album next year.

It isn’t abnormal for bands to write and even record more songs than what end up on the album. That’s how you get bonus tracks and such.
I think as other bands or artists, Bruce can works in different way unlike Maiden. He can choose the best songs and make extra stuff for Japan or US releases. I think that with The Chemical Weddinghe had 3 or 4 extra songs as b sides or Japanese release.

Does anyone knows if Adrian does the solo/s? on the Bruce solo song ''Wicker Man'' (written during the AOB sessions 1997).

Last edited:
Back