Bruce Dickinson

I think it might've evened out a little with time and with careful trimming he probably could've hid the bald spots pretty well. Either way, as is, I think it's for the best he shaved it. Even if it was perfect it'd still look weird on him!

I just turned up this - no idea if it's been posted before but I'm not trawling through the entire forum to find out :p

A classical voice coach who (allegedly) knows nothing about metal is presented with five recordings (she is not told what they are or who they are by) and asked to comment on the singers. Some genuinely interesting insight here:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/ask-a-real-musician-5-classic-male-metal-singers/
She thinks Bruce and Dio are the best!

Should’ve given her the best songs from each. Aces High, Abigail, and Painkiller are better examples of their talent. Certainly Halford... he’s really not terribly great on the early stuff.

Should’ve given her the best songs from each. Aces High, Abigail, and Painkiller are better examples of their talent. Certainly Halford... he’s really not terribly great on the early stuff.

I am afraid I have to disagree with this. Hitting really high notes is not necessarily an indication of someone being a better singer and, from a vocal technique point of view, Dreamer Deceiver is miles better than Painkiller. The same can be said when comparing The Number of the Beast versus Aces High.

It’s also a better idea to pick a song that showcases the singer’s full range. Painkiller and Aces High really don’t do that.

Bruce just got appointed an Honorary Doctor of the Helsinki University (which I will btw apply for next year). Pretty cool.

Edit: or rather, it was announced that he will be appointed.

Last edited:
Honourary programs are designed to get attention from media and donors rather than anything else. It's part of the business of running a university.

Back