Bruce Dickinson

Bruce Dickinson, the transcultural phenomenon.
More like cultural appropriator.

I think 'El Dorado' is about the bankers fucking people over back in the good old days of the financial crisis. So maybe Bruce is bidding them farewell or something. In other words, wealthy Englishman with Public School education abuses wealthier people.

Other than a brief bit of French on 'A Real Live Dead One' where have you ever heard him speaking any other language? o_O
He was known for it at one time, apparently:
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com...erviews06_sit&lang=eng&link=albums#interview2

Near the end of the interview (circa SIT) you find this from Steve:
I think that the French fans really appreciate that Bruce communicates with them in their language.
(Quote is after the interviewer says "Thank you".)

Here's another one, circa NPFTD:
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com...views08_npftd&lang=eng&link=albums#interview2
Bruce speaking French is a valuable asset in the eyes of the audience ...
Yes, that's good for us, isn't it? Bruce tries his best to talk French to the audience, and I think that's an important point. In most countries we visit, people understand English, but it's nice to be able to communicate with them in their mother-tongue.

However, elsewhere (I can't remember where, unfortunately - probably another forum) I read a French fan saying "Bruce, please speak English - I can't understand your French!"

Last edited:
He was known for it at one time, apparently:
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com...erviews06_sit&lang=eng&link=albums#interview2

Near the end of the interview (circa SIT) you find this from Steve:

(Quote is after the interviewer says "Thank you".)

Here's another one, circa NPFTD:
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com...views08_npftd&lang=eng&link=albums#interview2

However, elsewhere (I can't remember where, unfortunately - probably another forum) I read a French fan saying "Bruce, please speak English - I can't understand your French!"
Bruce to the fan: Excuse me…What?

More like cultural appropriator.

I think 'El Dorado' is about the bankers fucking people over back in the good old days of the financial crisis. So maybe Bruce is bidding them farewell or something. In other words, wealthy Englishman with Public School education abuses wealthier people.

So being wealthy automatically means that you cannot criticise the behaviour of those responsible for the financial crisis? :rolleyes:

According to his book he told a Spanish audience that he was the greatest singer in the world, in Spanish. He also spoke French on the TBOS Live album, think it was before "Children of the Damned" and he says "goodbye" in Japanese after "El Dorado" on the En Vivo! album.

I seen him in Paris many times and he always speaks a fair amount of French, he even pronouces it Ear-on Maiden LOL

I seen him in Paris many times and he always speaks a fair amount of French, he even pronouces it Ear-on Maiden LOL

During the promotion of AMOLAD, he had a long chat with a Spanish journalist in French whilst waiting to be interviewed. The Spanish journalist joked with him that they were both having a chat using the language of the traditional shared enemy of Spain and England.

I think this is the most flattering photo I have seen from Sarajevo. The beard looks good here.

GaopsooDaFS7yuBnEgYDTQ-970-80.jpg

On a different note, Bruce will be part of the 50th anniversary of the Concerto for Group and Orchestra in Quebec on 21st November 2019

https://jonlord.org/2019/04/09/50th-anniversary-of-concerto-for-group-and-orchestra/

50th anniversary of Concerto for Group and Orchestra

North American fans of Jon Lord’s Concerto for Group and Orchestra are in for a special treat this November.

Conducted by Paul Mann and with special guest Bruce Dickinson on vocals, the Orchestre Symphonique de Québecand Paul DesLauriers Band with Pierre Bélisle will perform Jon Lord’s Concerto for Group and Orchestra in Quebec on November 21.

The concert will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Concerto as well as become its Canadian debut performance.

Bruce Dickinson says:

– It’s a great honour to participate in the 50th Anniversary of the Concerto For Group & Orchestra. When Paul Mann contacted me about the Quebec event I said yes immediately.

– As many people know, Deep Purple have been a major, ongoing influence in my life since I was a teenager, and down the years I have been fortunate enough to become good friends with all of the band, most especially in my collaborations with Jon Lord.

– Right now, I’m still deciding on what to perform – so many great Purple songs to choose from! – and am looking forward to seeing everyone at this very special commemorative evening.

Conductor Paul Mann:

– My long collaboration with Jon Lord, and in particular his innovative, genre-defying Concerto, has been one of the greatest joys of my musical life. I look forward to bringing this piece to Canada for the first time on the occasion of its fiftieth anniversary. Jon’s spirit will definitely be with us.

Tickets go on sale April 10 through Palais Montcalm.

concerto_11x17-final1.jpg

Back