Bruce Dickinson

Skunkworks (which is garbage)

The one album, buddy, where Goose is sincere in his lyrics and their statement. And you don't like it. Good riddance, dunce, if Bruce wasn't such a loose goose he'd made one more Skunk album. But alas, metal was a better paycheck.

Well, for me Skunkworks are one of the coolest albums ever. Ditto why but something in sound and songwriting is cool and goofy at the same time so it's always a pleasure to play this sucker again and again.

Maybe not my top 10 - top 20 best albums ever but definitely top 3 coolest albums ever.

Well, for me Skunkworks are one of the coolest albums ever. Ditto why but something in sound and songwriting is cool and goofy at the same time so it's always a pleasure to play this sucker again and again.

Maybe not my top 10 - top 20 best albums ever but definitely top 3 coolest albums ever.
I don't get what you just wrote, but yay Skunkworks is the gritest the wanker did. Full on melody and neat-o lyrics aplenty. Much like Subhuman Race. Buddies don't fuckin know a gob's slob.

Good riddance, dunce, if Bruce wasn't such a loose goose he'd made one more Skunk album. But alas, metal was a better paycheck.
One has to remember what was happening in the band at the same time. Bruce tore himself apart creating that album, and to see it slagged as much as it was nearly drove him through the roof. At the same time, the rest of the band had different ideas that would become Sack Trick, and they were a bit too far removed from Bruce's writing for him to be on board. Better a metal album than quitting music completely as he was intending.

He did it again in Finland yesterday, as already mentioned in this thread, and this time without a microphone. Here is a clip from the night:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq5JKoAda6/

And another one:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsq523PAZzn/

Some recently uploaded clips from the Finland book show can be found here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtgFFdZgkEi/

Bruce talks about playing the guitar and singing at the same time and his favourite albums with Dio singing. He mentions Temple of the King being a gem and also being jealous of Metallica because they recorded the song before he had a change to do it (I think he got that one wrong and mixing it up with Metallica's cover of When a Blind Man Cries, as I cannot remember Metallica covering Temple of the King... :lol: ).

Last edited:
im going to madrid chat. im going to ask him "what happened to 90s history tour" or "if there is any chance to play again caught somewhere in time".....dont know...im blocked

im going to madrid chat. im going to ask him "what happened to 90s history tour" or "if there is any chance to play again caught somewhere in time".....dont know...im blocked
These two questions are very interesting to many people so you should definitely ask if you have got the opportunity.
Maybe you should just round them up into one general question (e.g "Will the fans ever be treated with further material from the vaults -footage from NPOTR, a good live version of "CSIT"- or is the US leg of Legacy of the Beast the last time Maiden plays the card of nostalgia?" > if Bruce chooses to answer, he will have to add details by himself :) )

Last edited:
In a similar vein, have an actual vocal coach do an actual analysis instead of just playing to everyone's confirmation bias and reacting in the way you'd want him to react:

This guy's videos, while on the long side, are actually informative and indeed much less pointless than most all of the vocal coach reactions on YouTube today because instead of just hyping up your favorite singer, he points out things like posture, technique and provides a critique on what's done well and what's not so great. Well informative and I feel he deserves more views. He had a previous take on Bruce doing Infinite Dreams from Maiden England and oof. Let's just say he wasn't exactly sold on Bruce's reputation as a world class heavy metal vocalist. That earned him some spicy comments. He's far more impressed with Revelations from '05 here.

e: Also, I should point out that unfortunately due to YouTube's crummy copyright system, he has to splice the performances he's analyzing into much smaller sections than bigger channels, since those can get licensing agreements. It's just something you have to deal with. The actual analysis starts at around 9 minutes in because he tries to justify himself before the comment section crew crucify him for his previous video on Bruce.

In a similar vein, have an actual vocal coach do an actual analysis instead of just playing to everyone's confirmation bias and reacting in the way you'd want him to react:

This guy's videos, while on the long side, are actually informative and indeed much less pointless than most all of the vocal coach reactions on YouTube today because instead of just hyping up your favorite singer, he points out things like posture, technique and provides a critique on what's done well and what's not so great. Well informative and I feel he deserves more views. He had a previous take on Bruce doing Infinite Dreams from Maiden England and oof. Let's just say he wasn't exactly sold on Bruce's reputation as a world class heavy metal vocalist. That earned him some spicy comments.

e: Also, I should point out that unfortunately due to YouTube's crummy copyright system, he has to splice the performances he's analyzing into much smaller sections than bigger channels, since those can get licensing agreements. It's just something you have to deal with. The actual analysis starts at around 9 minutes in because he tries to justify himself before the comment section crew crucify him for his previous video on Bruce.
This is a great video.

Who recommends Iron Maiden material as Dickinson's vocal showoff...and the stuff from the 80s which isn't 1983.

What this person should see is Tears of the Dragon with Tribuzy, and not Maiden which doesn't fully utilize his dynamic range. Dickinson can rarely sing quiet with Maiden live because Harris and McBrain sound like thunder. On Lord of Light intro live he uses a different technique because of this. He goes full chest voice live because he couldn't punch through the drum and the bass.

Who recommends Iron Maiden material as Dickinson's vocal showoff...and the stuff from the 80s which isn't 1983.

What this person should see is Tears of the Dragon with Tribuzy, and not Maiden which doesn't fully utilize his dynamic range. Dickinson can rarely sing quiet with Maiden live because Harris and McBrain sound like thunder. On Lord of Light intro live he uses a different technique because of this. He goes full chest voice live because he couldn't punch through the drum and the bass.

The best Bruce showoff vids are (in no particular order):

-Tears Of The Dragon (Marquee 1994)
-Tears Of The Dragon (w Tribuzy)
-Remember Tomorrow (Ullevi 2005)
-Revelations (Ullevi 2005)
-Where Eagles Dare (Ullevi 2005)

I think that the 2005 Ullevi concert is probably one of the best concerts Bruce ever sang with Maiden. The fact that it wasn't released as a DVD is a crime.

The best Bruce showoff vids are (in no particular order):

-Tears Of The Dragon (Marquee 1994)
-Tears Of The Dragon (w Tribuzy)
-Remember Tomorrow (Ullevi 2005)
-Revelations (Ullevi 2005)
-Where Eagles Dare (Ullevi 2005)

I think that the 2005 Ullevi concert is probably one of the best concerts Bruce ever sang with Maiden. The fact that it wasn't released as a DVD is a crime.
2005-2006 was their peak. Especially Bruce's.

Back