2.Born In '58
3.No Lies (BYD... TTS lost brother?)
4.Winds Of Change
5.Innerspace
6.The Breeding House
7.Laughing In The Hiding Bush
8.Change Of Heart
9.Sacred Cowboys
10.Tears Of The Dragon (the hymn of heavy metal... :p)

Note: Son Of A Gun, Hell On Wheels and Gypsy Road are also good songs.
You forgot Back from the Edge. That song is a real banger.

You forgot Back from the Edge. That song is a real banger.
Well, most of the premise of his post is dead wrong, so what do you expect? :p

“Change Of Heart” sucks. “Winds Of Change” kinda sucks. “No Lies” and “The Breeding House” aren’t as good as he seems to think they are, and most of Skunkworks is great. (And “Back From The Edge” is a totally mediocre song until the bridge, when it suddenly becomes amazing.)

I’m sorry what

You hear it right. I hate that he went for all that bullshit alternative rock/almost grunge.

But after that he created his best solo album (Accident Of Birth), which is a natural progression to the SSOASS album IMHO - Seventh Son Part 2.
:facepalm: That’s OK, Kalata — you do you! :ok:

All the comments from me that you quoted are true. ;)

You hear it right. I hate that he went for all that bullshit alternative rock/almost grunge.
H...how is that “bullshit”? Music should be judged on its own merits, not because it’s a different genre than you’re used to.

I really don't like that genre. Bruce is at its best when he does heavy metal !
That’s as may be, but you can’t just say something is bad because the genre isn’t heavy metal. Skunkworks has some of Bruce’s best lyrics and song constructions, and if they would have tightened up their playing and made it a metal album, not only would it have been heavier than The Chemical Wedding, but people would’ve flocked to it like pigs to a trough. Skunkworks isn’t perfect, but it has a lot of great moment and shouldn’t be judged just for being a different genre than normal.

I never really liked Balls To Picasso as a whole album - -- Tattooed Millionaire is a better album IMO. Throw Skunkworks in there too (which is garbage).

:eek:

Maybe we just agree to disagree... At least you brought a very unique view into play here. :p

That’s as may be, but you can’t just say something is bad because the genre isn’t heavy metal.

I think it's bad, because is bad (IMO), not because it isn't heavy metal. I just noted that Bruce is at its best when he does pure heavy metal - which is obviously my favorite music and genre. But it's great when people likes different albums from a artist or a band - that's shows how strong and good is the music of this artist/band.
Simple example: so many fans thinks VXI is the worst album of Maiden and a very weak one - I (hope other fans too) think it is a great album. You like Skunkworks, ok, but it's just not my type of genre.

Back