Bruce Dickinson

I guess it must be very enlightening for himself, to keep doing this.
I am pretty sure he is finding lots of productive things to keep him occupied...
tenor.gif

This thread has gotten so pleasant in the last page or so.

The main ideas related to Music in the interview :

- Bruce states that Iron Maiden is a very important part in his life, because he has spent 50% of his life with maiden, but in the other 50% he did plenty of other things.
-When Bruce left maiden in 1993 he didn't have any ideas of what he was gonna do next, he just wanted to start another life from zero. When he left he felt that the media started to ignore him and fans started to hate him. He didn't get all the support he wanted from Rod because Rod's prioriry was Maiden.
-Bruce didn't like the production of Balls to Picasso, he thinks that it would have sounded better if the producer was Roy.
-Bruce thinks that Skunkwork is very good and he likes it a lot, but it is incomplete because it is dark, as if it represents only the dark side of Bruce.
-The song Inertia is related to what he saw in Sarajevo, but I didn't understand that part enough to translate it.
-Bruce thinks that the shows they did in World Slavery Tour were very good for 1984/1885, but they got outclassed by the show of BNW tour in 2000/2001. But The Legacy Of The Beast shows were the best. The new sound guy is good, and the production is good , Bruce, Rod and Steve worked on it for almost one year.

Edit : I will add that he thinks that it was good choice to stop the tour in august because they were all tired, the shows that they do are very demanding. He also says that the flamethrower is cool and everybody should try it at least once. He says that the LOTB should have started with Religion, then War, then Hell, because religion leads to war, and war to hell, but he doesn't complain a lot because the show starts with the spitfire and he likes planes.

Last edited:
-Bruce thinks that Skunkwork is very good and he likes it a lot, but it is incomplete because it is dark, as if it represents only the dark side of Bruce.
It represented him and that band in 1996. Incomplete, come on.
-Bruce thinks that the shows they did in World Slavery Tour were very good for 1984/1885, but they got outclassed by the show of BNW tour in 2000/2001. But The Legacy Of The Beast shows were the best. The new sound guy is good, and the production is good , Bruce, Rod and Steve worked on it for almost one year.
<_<

Basically, only the last things he did are worth praising. Everything he did got better and better and better. Sure, Bruce.

Thanks for this translation giratina.

Last edited:
I think what he says is fair enough. The non-musical aspects of the live show are definitely the best they have been since I've been a fan, and probably of their entire career too.
Hmmm, no that's probably not entirely true, buddy. A nice FOMO statement though.

I think what he says is fair enough. The non-musical aspects of the live show are definitely the best they have been since I've been a fan, and probably of their entire career too.
Yeah, definitely. For once, Maiden absolutely delivered on their promise of a really impressive stage show.

Edit : I will add that he thinks that it was good choice to stop the tour in august because they were all tired, the shows that they do are very demanding.
I'm a little nervous about this statement though. I don't think I've really heard any of them talk like this about a tour being over. They're definitely not getting any younger, that's for sure.

I'm a little nervous about this statement though. I don't think I've really heard any of them talk like this about a tour being over. They're definitely not getting any younger, that's for sure.

The Maiden show (especially the current one) is a very physical demanding for Bruce, the songs are hard to sing live and they are not young anymore, but 38 concerts for one year shouldn't have a been a problem for them. Look at Priest - 104 concerts for one year. Yeah, only Rob and Ian are older than Nicko (who is the oldest one from Maiden) and Priest songs are also hard to sing live. Both bands have the most demanding songs to sing live IMO.

I'm happy that Maiden still do fantastic shows (better than the 80's) and if they need a good deserved rest to be in fine form, so be it.

One of them said in an interview that it suits them to arrange the tours so that they are never away from home for longer than four months at a time. (I think it was Bruce but I can't check now because all my bookmarks are on my laptop at home). So the last tour was not unusually short, they just decided to do something else with the rest of the year. Nothing to worry about.

They want to keep the band sounding fresh live and rightly so. If the price to pay for their longevity is them pacing tours as the do, long may it remain so.

They want to keep the band sounding fresh live and rightly so. If the price to pay for their longevity is them pacing tours as the do, long may it remain so.
Exactly, Bruce didn't say that they couldn't tour anymore after 38 concerts. he said something that resembles : At the end of the tour I was wondering why should we stop now when we are doing very good shows, but maybe we did the right choice because we are all tired etc etc....

Back